nicolecooper1991 nicolecooper1991 18-21, F 10 Answers Jan 4, 2013 in Community

You don't have to forgive in order to move on. But you should probably get some professional help to get you on your way forward. You are young, don't let this awful experience hang over you. It shouldn't be the thing that defines the rest of your life. Good Luck x

Best Answer

Yes, I forgave my rapist so that I wouldn't carry the hatread and bitterness in my heart. I forgave for my own sanity, I forgot to clear my own memories. Not because what they did was right, on the contrary it was a horrible thing to do to me or anyone! But I had to forgive for my own piece of mind. Do I want to hang out with him Nooo! I will avoid him at all costs, but I do talk to his mom and treat her like a friend because it wasn't her fault what her son did to me. His dad was my dads best friend years ago before his dad died, and I hadn't seen him since we were children and when he met up with me all he could think about was getting into my pants at any cost! He was so sick! But I don't think about it much anymore I don't hurt anymore, I am no longer filled with anxiety and I don't do things that relate to it anymore like going to the bar or dressing frumpy so as not to attract guys. I am free to be myself.

Best Answer

I think it is possible for the victim of such atrocities to forgive the scum but it takes a lot for someone to be able to do that. I dont blame them either if they dont forgive but imho holding onto hate and anger is detrimental to ones own well being in the long run.

Best Answer

I was raped when I was 21 by a dude. I didn't press charges. About 15 years later I became a Buddhist and looked him up to forgive him, but found out he had died. That was an interesting lesson in how forgiveness is more beneficial to ourselves than to others.

Best Answer

Yes, I have

Best Answer