cinorignikcuf cinorignikcuf 22-25, F 30 Answers Aug 1, 2012

no, because it was writen by man and man is fallible

Best Answer

hmm.. but there are always an exception for everything.

Best Answer

no man is perfect... there is no exception to that... it is fact

Best Answer

Very good answer, man's influence can have a very profound effect even on something like the bible.

Best Answer

yup, just look at all the different denominations and sub-demoninations... they can't agree because they interpret it differently... everyone is different with a different viewpoint. show me something and i think one thing, show the same thing to you, and you think another... perception, it's all about perception...

Best Answer

Nope. It is full of allegories, parables and even some rather fantastical sounding creatures. I think it has many accurate teachings and accounts of events pertaining to Jesus and his life, but some of the other stuff is a bit iffy.

Best Answer

Compare the King James Version with the texts before it and you will see so many changes that Christianity will be very different in your eyes. <br />
Examples:<br />
Repent wasn't even a word before the KJV. Whenever you see a need for repentance in your Bible, understand that before King James, two words were used in thier place: metanoia and metamellamai. These mean - change the way you think and change the way you emote - respectively. <br />
Sin wasn't a word that Jesus used. Pre King James, the word hamartia was used. Hamartia means to act in ignorance - causing harm.<br />
Look at Hell. Jesus never spoke of such things He spoke of Gehenna, which was a garbage dump outside of Israel's city gates. There, those with wretched lives lived, eeking out survival. According to jesus, no matter how wretched your life is, you need only change the way you think and emote. This will cause a change in your behaviors so that you will no longer commit hamartia. (no eternal damnation)<br />
Even the matter of how to pray was changed. Take John 16:23-24 and see it translated from the oldest aramaic<br />
"All things that you ask straightly, directly … from inside my name, you will be given. So far you have not done this. Ask without hidden motive and be surrounded by your answer. Be enveloped by what you desire, that your gladness be full."<br />
So here, Jesus is saying that if you ask, FROM WITHIN the Christ, as if what you want already is, and if you have no hidden motive (which is why Jesus said don't pray in church because you do so only with hidden motive), then you shall receive waht you ask for.<br />
There is no mention of the plucking out your eyes if they offend you (or any of the other horrors added to the Sermon on the Mount) in any pre-Constantine text, and there is PLENTY OF EVIDENCE of additions, deletions, and edits - even on the oldest text's pages.<br />
constantine had the bible commissioned to serve his own political agenda. It worked. But he's been dead for about 1700 years now, so you can let it go. The Roman Empire has long-since fallen. And thanks to the Internet, as more and more discover the changes in the bible and doctrine over the years, its church will soon fail as well.

Best Answer

now that's informative.. i respect ur opinion as well as the others. :)

Best Answer

Well articulated and well said. Thank you. In your closing statement: "The church will soon fail, as well". I don't know that that's true, but your missive is well respected.

Best Answer

I love how you back up your statements with proof. You are a very intelligent one :)

Best Answer

Even lies are true if they happen to be in that book.

Best Answer

The bible contains stories that have been passed down orally for generations prior to being recorded. Then one day, after writing had been invinted, people decided hey, lets write this stuff down so no one will ever forget... Go through one day of your life, and get home and try to write down every detail... no matter how successful you are in recording your days events, without error, they are still being told from your point of view. No, factor in that several of your friends are going to come along at various points through history and rewrite what you have said using their own words, and I am certain you will see subtle changes. Finally, you have to take the perspective of the people who are reading the passages. Not sure if you know this or not, but you can tell the same story to 10 different people, and they will each write a different report. So, 100% accurate... not really. If you want 100% truth, you gotta go to the source. Pray to the Lord your God and open your heart to receive his truth.

Best Answer

This is exactly what came into my mind !

Best Answer

Praying to GOD is correct. As far as the rest of your missive, I take exception to the notion that "writngs" hold place in the Bible. No, they don't. The "writings" of the Bible were written by men --- flesh and blood --- who wrote their interpretations some 40 years after the death of Christ, thanks to "hand-me-downs" --- and the scribes of the Jewish and Roman historians.

Best Answer

Sometimes that happens when I go on and on... but your comment confuses me about writings holding a place in the bible. If the bible is not these writings, then, what is it?

Best Answer

Well said and articulated stated.

Best Answer

It is impossible to be 100% accurate, just thinking of how much it's been diluted over 100's of years...Of course you wouldn't think it would be corrupted because of its holy nature, but had it not been corrupted over the years, there wouldn't be missing gospels turning up everywhere that aren't mentioned in the bible itself.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

no, but even more importantly people's reading comprehension levels are so low that it wouldn't matter if it were

Best Answer

oh really huh?.

Best Answer

"Reading comprehension" does not play into this missive. As long as we Pray to God --- who cares what religion we belong to (or believe in?).

Best Answer

The question wasn't about god though.

Best Answer

Theres proof that the vatican revised the whole thing into what they saw fit, also once you think about it some of the stories sound too much like the other stories in different religions

Best Answer

really? what proof?

Best Answer

I can name a bunch, but mostly slave sermons, look it up on youtube: Slave Sermons

Best Answer

Yea but have you heard that Noahs ark has been found?

Best Answer

I like that you said some of the stories sound much like other stories in different religions... many religions, one God. Makes sense... If God didn't want man to sort out the truth for himself, he would not have created us with free will to begin with, or would have at some point eliminated it. But a truth that is handed to you is someone elses truth, finding your own truth is a personal journey.

Best Answer

And I find that that's true. So many similarities.

Best Answer

YungTaku doesn't need any "proof". The "proof" lies in you mis-guided tansliteration or YOUR Bible. You remind me of the Grecian, looking for the "truth", in the dark , with a candle.

Best Answer

I think what is to be taken literally is 100% accurate...<br />
There are some parables, yes...<br />
The core message is there, salvation through Jesus Christ...

Best Answer

I LIKE YOU! Evangelistic Atheism! Zo!

Best Answer

How nice that you pray to your Jewish Messiah, who dared call himself a king in the Roman Empire. Thus, was served the death penalty. "Salvation through Jesus Christ"? Excuse me. What about the rest of us; Jews, Muslims, Bhuddists, Wiccans, etc, ad nausem? What planet do YOU live on?

Best Answer

Your response flies into the face of classical history. Yes, Jesus (Yehuda, Jehova) did exist, according to Jewish and Roman scribes. Whether or not you believe that, belongs to your particular faith.

Best Answer

Your reply is at once both dichotomous and ridiculous. How on earth do you endorse Evangelism and atheism in the same breath? Enlighten us, would you?

Best Answer

I think the bible is not only a lot of bullshit, but also that it is a criminal book, worse than Mein Kampf.

Best Answer

Take out all the hate, murder and mayhem, and how many pages would be left?

Best Answer

I agree. The Bible is full of bullshit. And anyone who transliterates ---well, there is a FOOL born every moment.

Best Answer

Our current Mayor in Chicago

Best Answer

All scientific proof points to no. If the bible were real all we know ba<x>sed on genetics and the big bang theory would be a lie, which is improbable and impossible. The bible was written by mankind and mankind has been known to exaggerate and it was written as something to ba<x>se our life choices off of, not something to believe word for word. It is impossible for woman to be born from the rib of a man and it is impossible for snakes to talk. It is improbable that Jesus could walk on water, unless it was frozen and even then it would have to be below freezing temperatures which is impossible for where they were located. All together if the bible were real life would have been created in 7 days rather than trillions of years, which in it's self is the most impossible of all.

Best Answer

What we think we know about genetics and the big bang theory ARE lies, Both are scientifically inaccurate. The notion of trillions of years is fallatious, and the possibility of spontaneous production of life stand at 10 to the minus 43. Mathematical impossibility is 10 to the minus 50. THat'[s a mathematical postulate .... Man's view of God and beginnings needs a lot of work. I respect science though--they'll work it through.

Best Answer

I agree with Xxwerewolf; I studied both chemistry and physics. In those disciplines we look for theorems, postulates --- and, finally, PROOF. As in: H20 = water. I agree: the "Bible" was written by man === some 40 years after the death of Christ. THEY wrote their own beliefs and would have us held to them. What a bunch of nonsense.

Best Answer

As do I respect science: postulates, theorems --- and finally, PROOF.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

Of course not. Only an idiot could believe such a hagiography to be even remotely true. If a person wished, EVERY book in the bible, and even the origin of the god myth as it predates the bible can (and has been) researched and found wanting.

Best Answer

Of course not. The Bible was written by man, some 40 years after the death of Christ. Some classical historians, such as Josespeh lived and wrote at the time of Christ.<br />
I am very familiar with the Bible and the Holy Q'uran. In the Bible, I find several contradictions --- and verses that are out-dated and refer only to the time that Christ lived. Many verses in the Bible are hardly contemporary and do not reflect our views in this, the 21st Century. Dietary habits, etc. Let me give you an example: It clearly states in the Bible that: "If a man's stones are crushed, then He will not see the gates of Heaven". I think you all know what a "man's stones" are. How ridiculous. That means that If I'm injured in a motorcycle accident and have to have my "stones" removed --- then, I'm not welcomed in Heaven. Excuse me? Your Move.

Best Answer

As an addendum: If you wish to challenge me --- then I will be glad to proffer numerous contradictions in the Bible. IF you choose to transliterate the Bible, word for word --- then, that's your choice. Your mis-guided notion that the Bible is "the truth", falls upon my deaf ears.

Best Answer

I agree you have and obviously always hav e had ---deaf ears. I don't engage in apologetics unless my audience is sincerely interested in having his horizons expanded . But you have obviously made up your mind---for the moment. Perhaps life will force you to re-examine sometime down the road. Perhaps not. But now? You're not listening. Agape Noelle

Best Answer

Excuse me? "I'm not listening"? What planet do you live on? I'm articulate, well-spoken, well eductated and am very conversant in both the "Bible" and the "Holy Q'ran". What part of this did you MISS? You wan't to "challenge" me? Go ahead and let's see how far you get. You're messing with the wrong person at the wrong time.

Best Answer

I think it's the Aesop's Fables of it's time. So no, the stories are not accurate, but some of the morals are universally applicable.

Best Answer

"Of its time" is well stated. As far as the "morals"? That should be left to posterity to decide.

Best Answer

I look at the bible as a storybook and nothing more than that, anyone whoever read the whole book and actually paid attention to every little detail knows that the bible contrdicts itself. There is murder and rape in it, and dont the 10 comandments go against that? I personally dont understand the religion, but I have respect to the people who believes in it, everyone has their right to freedom of religion.. Just doesnt make any sense to me to believe in something that is such a blur..

Best Answer

"Such a blur". I never thought of that but I agree.

Best Answer

Yep, if "God" really cared about US... the FIRST Commandment would have been "Thou Shalt WASH THY HANDS before meals, touching babies, etc."
The HUGE number of lives saved by this alone might have merited 'god' status to anyone...

Best Answer

Hell no! The Bible we know today is so different from the original Bible that that alone tells you it's nowhere close to accurate, nevertheless 100% accurate.<br />
And accurate how? Historically accurate?

Best Answer

You aren't guilty until proven and the same thing with accuracy

Best Answer

why? do u seek proof for 'everything' before considering it?

Best Answer

every watch that 70's show? I'm kind of like Hyde I question everything

Best Answer

Your reply actually falls within the range of chemistry. Water, for example, is H2O. THAT is proof. As far as the Bible, what "proof" do we have? Your move.

Best Answer

Yes! Some is provable, the rest I take on faith.

Best Answer

Ah yes, Lao Tzu. One of my favorites, truly.

Best Answer

I would like to know what is "provable". As far as "taking the rest on faith" --- that belongs to you.

Best Answer

Americans are disinclined to accept faith outside of Christianity or Islam. The verses of China and India are unknown to Americans. But thanks for your reply.

Best Answer

Or the latest Hagiography, the "Biography" of Kim Jong-il. According to his official biography, North Korea's "Dear Leader," Kim Jong-il, was born in 1942 on the sacred Baektul Mountain under a double rainbow... At least he didn't try the manger bit, as it was already over-used by jesus time. (of course, they didn't have the internet then...so news didn't travel as fast.)

Best Answer