and why do u think they have this reputation?
geekoftheweek geekoftheweek 26-30, F 11 Answers Feb 22, 2011

I think some parts of it are justifiable, and some parts are taught by fanatics. We had no business being in Korea or Vietnam or Iraq #2. We shouldn't have interfered when the Russians invaded Afghanistan or Iran-Contra or the Iran/Iraq war. We are to blame for a lot of the problems in the world. But some of us Americans realize this and are against it. Every 4-8 years we take a whole different direction as a nation. Blame Bush 2, blame Reagan, blame Nixon, blame JFK. Don't take it out on me.

Best Answer

Perhaps this question would best be asked to the millions of people who we and other nations who prosper have helped.<br />
Not at all it is projected by those who seek to completely control and enforce power over any of those whom they can gain, or have already control over. No matter if it is gained through fear, belief, or drugs.

Best Answer

I have traveled far and wide and I do not find the "perceived negative view of America" to be that negative. World politics is a false construct.<br />
Those of us who dwell in the USA are mostly good people with open hands and kind hearts. I am proud to be part of this country.

Best Answer

as u should b,many a splendid thing has come from the u.s<br />but i do believe there is a negative view of u.s<br />mostly due 2 iraq+the totally 1sided stance of the Israel/Palastine,gaza ***** stuff

Best Answer

most definitely -- the U.S. has become the world's bully

Best Answer

Killing people with missiles from drones is scary stuff, and is not a good way to make friends or improve your reputation. Let's start there. Good question, Geek. :)<br />
PS: My problem with this drone business is that we simply cannot be sure we are hitting guilty parties when we attack from the sky every day or two. It is a virtual certainty we are also killing innocent families, and that's horrifying--and a PR nightmare guaranteed to create more terrorists. To the British, the Americans were terrorists back in the 1770's, and I guarantee the British never treated us with this kind of harshness. Arrogant dominance breeds terrorism (just as is it did in the American colonies), and to the extent we participate in that attitude today, we will be creating more of the very thing we are supposedly fighting against.

Best Answer

Do some research on Diego Garcia and get back to me on that.

Best Answer

just because most of europe tried 2 colonise the world hundreds of yrs ago,doesnt lessen the fact that tha U.S,often abuses its position as a super power

Best Answer

the truth , i think our government lies to the people here in the us, so we really do not know what's going on

Best Answer

We are a great country, but we've meddled in everyones business for so long, it's catching up. We've been at war for a decade. We're not in the top ten of ******* nations, though. I think we get a worse rap than we deserve.

Best Answer

We do great things and we do awful things. Sounds like a lot of other countries to me. <br />
No, I didn't think you were. I only meant it's difficult for me to focus on just the negative. I can understand the world perception is not all positive however.

Best Answer

im not suggesting that they are+i love alot of American culture,im not having a pop at any1<br />sorry,just wanted 2 make clear,that this isnt just a case of mud slinging,thanks 4 the answer,all answers r truly appreciated

Best Answer

To a degree, I do. I was disgusted at the arrogance of Billary Clinton on the news today, making demands of the Libyan Government as if she had the authority or the right to do it. She's an embarrassment.

Best Answer

oh hell yeah. u don't become a global power without monopolizing and manipulating a few people in the process!

Best Answer