twiligth2013 twiligth2013 16-17, F 15 Answers Nov 6, 2012 in Community

no your not at the top of his must do list now that hes won. He will be busy running our nation into the ground and turning us into a socialist country.

Best Answer

No I know that I mean will they keep up with there promises in plural

Best Answer

no he won't, he hasn't kept any promise he made in 2008 starting with "if i cant lower deficit and pull us out of this recession i will be a one term president."

Best Answer

I see

Best Answer

no not all.

Best Answer

i believe he will do his best. however, so many people forget that our government was carefully set up to make change very difficult. it's precisely to keep one person from doing a lot of things unless they have strong support from others. that's why the republicans have been able to keep changes from going through.

Best Answer

Let's put it this way...Clinton was supposed to make things better for gay people, like giving us same-sex benefits, and the right to not get hounded out of the military...

...Um...chances are not good.

Best Answer

twiligth, agreeing that the LGBT community deserves recognition under the laws of the land with equal rights to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". That said -- and knowing a few committed same-sex couples who are suburban-style soccer parents responsibly paying taxes and raising children -- forcing social change through legislation is hard, and that is what is in the way imho. Why isn't a "civil union" enough? Same answer as why "marriage is a union between a man and a woman".

That said -- I was on a long hike with a group in '08, and two of the women who were quietly but firmly committed to each other questioned me about why this same issue was not addressed in the election. Not possible in the current political climate, I replied -- and one of the asked softly "But what does this have to do with love?"

Not much, really. Not being motivated toward same sex relationships and belonging to a religious community that should -- but does not -- welcome the LGBT community, I will still hope that you have the option to marry as you like soon, and that my granddaughter will have the option also. (It'll really tick off her mom's family, but that's their problem.}

Best Answer

Thanks for the comment I understand it know

Best Answer

Lgbt's will have to get in line behind the

Immigration pathways to legal citizenship.

The Bible belt will stop any marriage equality

anything. It will be revisited in 2014.

Best Answer

I hope not

Best Answer

How come

Best Answer

Because

Best Answer

Ok

Best Answer

ya

Best Answer

yes and no. He won't push to have it legalized but he will veto any bans

Best Answer

I see

Best Answer

I hope so

Best Answer

Yes. In fact you probably will be able to take your dog you the altar also and make it a *********.

Best Answer

Yeah...Sure he will.

I'm sure he sees no difference between me and my wife and him and his wife.

Best Answer

Cool

Best Answer

You realize he said he supported gay marriage cuz Biden forced his hand right? I really doubt that he thinks gay people should get married.

Best Answer

No. He only did that to gain your vote. Congratulations on getting utterly duped.

Best Answer

Lol I can't vote i'm under age lol

Best Answer

Oh, well, congratulate your parents if they voted Obama. They fell for his empty promises.

Best Answer

Hmm I don't know who they voted for

Best Answer

I thought gay marriage was a state issue. At any rate, it was up for vote in Maryland...I voted for it, but I've no idea if it passed. I hope so.

Best Answer