painofit painofit 41-45, F 9 Answers Aug 26, 2012 in Family Struggles

My heart goes out to you. I do know what you are going through. I have my dad to care for and who still lives on his own because he is a stubborn man and will not move in with us. Right now I can't say as I blame him because my oldest daughter and her hubby and 2 kids have moved in with us and it is like a zoo here. Now my hubby is totally disabled and has been for about 7 years now ljokp[] and won't let anyone do anything for him except me. He is lucky I will do this for him after all the abuse I have suffered from him. To top it all off, I have an adopted daughter who has mental issues. She will be 16 in a couple weeks and thinks she knows it all. Her mental issues keep her from learning and the school has pretty much given up on her. So I know how bad life can get. I send you lots of Love and {{{{{HUGS}}}}}. Best wishes! Please try to take care of yourself, your life is valuable too!

Best Answer

It has to take a lot of strength on your part physically and mentally . My s / o of 27 years has been pretty responsible for myself ( physically and emotionally ) as well as his 86 year old mother ( upstairs ) and I don't know how we'd make it with out him. Or if he were to become ill. : ( <br />
As Teri said in her answer, remember to take time & care for yourself.

Best Answer

I couldn't and God bless you if you can.

Best Answer

im just hanging in thr.by a thread the last 15 yrs have been the most challenging and now the laast 2yrs are hard to bare... i have serious illnesses as well and hv 2 deal with that hell too... the thrt of the rest of my life doing this is sickening me :( especially with my mum. my son is my responsibility , i brought him into this world. and wld u know my mother didnt raise me either she left me with my dad wn i was 4yrs old, but i hv no resentment at al , i understand the circumstances

Best Answer

You need help or at least a break for doing all you do. Ever think about putting your mom in a nursing home? It not fair to you that you live like this.

Best Answer

i mention this to my mum today and she replyed " i would rather die than do that !" my mum is only 68yrs old and ive been caring for her for 15 or more yrs. i also cared for my farther for 4 yrs while he was dieing with cancer .. he has been past on now for 8 yrs and i miss him dearly... my mum knows im getting very ill and hv nearly past on myself from illness. i try and stay in the moment and take day by day, cause this is the only way to keep me sane .. thanku very much for caring thoughts . i appreciate them :)

Best Answer

I have known a few people that have lived in assisted living and loved it. This is not a nursing home but a place that helps people live their lives and retained their independents. The one guy (he was 90 something) could keep his car and go anyplace he wanted to. He said they played cards and other games and other activities. He even had a girlfriend there that he could visit (wink). Please check them out Social Security pays for a lot of it.
Hang in there.

Best Answer

No. Family and random patients are completely different ball games.

Best Answer

I think I could, I know I have the inner strength to deal with it.

Best Answer

Probably not and would definitely need help and my heart and prayers go out to those who do because I have seen people do it. There is assistance available through churches and otherwise, as no one who wants to hold on to their sanity and at the same time promote the patience and enormous care and love necessary should even try to attempt to do this without help of some kind.

Best Answer

Caregiving is the hardest job in the world.......God bless you .

Best Answer

i appreciate your understanding thanku

Best Answer