i just watched a doco..a small camera scanning the inside of a shark with her unborn pups..looking very agile and shark like..i was just wondering..do they eat one another?
Tgilly Tgilly 51-55, F 8 Answers Dec 5, 2012 in Parenting & Family

That is what I've been told. A shark gets pregnant with several pups, but only ever delivers a single one because the strongest feeds on the rest. The one that lives to be born is the fittest, I guess. I have never heard this from any source except someone who said she heard it from someone who said she saw it on tv.

Best Answer

very interesting, thanks.

Best Answer

I wouldn't take it as gospel, without checking with someone more reliable that ME.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Further research tells me that it is just the sand sharks that eat their embryonic siblings, not all sharks.

Best Answer

It is my understanding that sharks. (Tiger) are known to do it more often that other species.....

just as with many species..cannibalism is pretty common

Best Answer

I don't know...I've never thought of that. Do you suppose that adult sharks eat one another? Actually, I've always wondered if a woman is scuba diving and gets her period, will it attract sharks?

Best Answer

i don't know if they eat each other..that's food for thought(pardon the pun)..and yes..i do believe they can smell menstrual blood.

Best Answer

Its actually called "chumming"..just like when they "chum" on documentaries

Best Answer

lol creepy.

It's not that creepy, just not the norm in my view lol...

Grr oh well probably?

Here is my question, do evvythung I draw and correct come alive in another universe-aldimensine?

???????????? Well I answered you're weird *** question.....

Oh EXCUSE ME Your.

Best Answer

no..your drawings do not come to life in another universe.
And you call mine a weird *** question??

Best Answer

LOL How could you possibly know lolololol okay whatever they come alive in my mind but only when I want them too. Some are just practise and are just so stupid, like I tried to make pixel art a realistic version like just copying but I chose the wrong kind to copy. lol

Best Answer

good luck with your art..sounds like it's a passion..and make sure you sign it..just in case i do see artwork in my time travels..i'll know it's yours.

Best Answer

I will I can't think of a sig though, I was thinking Eqim? Emiq was my previous one but whatever, or just my name? I think Eqim I signed it on my second rap (I really suprised myself but it is hard to write poetry now, I'll remember to think about signatures that's important sort of no it is, you're wonderful I love cats everyone I know does if they could talk I would hope they would be just like you:D

Best Answer

I like sharks

Best Answer

you haven't put your boobs away yet..and i admire them from a distance..sharks i mean.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Sorry I can't do that I'm a ***** I have to do my job!

Best Answer

you're a what? they bleeped that out...

Best Answer

W h o r e

Best Answer

Wat an alarming thought.

Best Answer

it was rather an alarming sight...that pup looked like it was swimming and hungry..gives a whole new view to being pregnant doesn't it?

Best Answer

This question is amazing.

Best Answer

how so?

Best Answer

It just makes sense.

Best Answer

I have heard that they do...

Best Answer

so much for sibling love, thanks wayswin

Best Answer