Nylons can be pantyhose, thigh highs with a girdle or garter belt. Are they stylish or is just too old-fashioned. Is weather a factor in wearing them or are women changing. Are they never coming back or is wearing them on the rise again. Share your thoughts on the whys and wherefores.
Josie06 Josie06 56-60, F 20 Answers Jun 6, 2009

Yes, but for me the word "nylons" means stockings - it has such a wonderful nostalgic feel (pun intended) and wearing them is truly an art form!

Best Answer

Yes. My wife who is 32 wears nylons daily. She's an attorney. She's a very pale redhead and always wears suntan - never nude or black.

Best Answer

I both like and dislike nylons. Like so that my feet don't hurt in my shoes. However, I do dislike that they can make you sweaty, the pantyhose look frumpy (because I need to pull them up high to avoid a muffin top, not pretty), and the garter kind are a pain in the neck to do. Also, the thigh highs with elastic never stay where I want them to stay. Just a nuisance I guess. <br />
But I don't like bare legs because I get ugly razor burn and bumps. Ouch. And double ouch when other people see it.<br />
I usually wear the colored ones but then I would have to wear a control undergarment with it to smooth everything out under a dress. (we can't have the line where the muffin top spills over, or the seam all the way up showing) this gets hot and yucky. But then having bare legs under a dress when it's hot can also be gross because your dress can stick to you when you sit and you have to pull it out when you stand up.

Best Answer

Yes women do and so do some men, I happen to be one of those men! I wear them under my nightgowns to keep my legs warm in the winter. In the summer o go without hosiery.

Best Answer

my mom is a business woman, she wears biz suits usually and stocking with garter belt or pantyhose if what she wears is a thigh high skirt, and pump heels or knee high boots. I found hundreds pairs in her closet.

Best Answer

My sister does.

Best Answer

Some do, but not the majority, absolutely not. <br />
Women in my are don't wear stockings unless cold weather calls for it, but they wear them in colors. with dots, etc. Not for dressing regularly. <br />
Women who wear them for work have jobs at a serious office or at a ***** club. Some guys have a fetish for this. Other women who wear those are older ladies.

Best Answer

I loathe wearing pantyhose, but I do enjoy wearing thigh high stockings. <br />
I haven't purchased any in "wild" colors. Only "classic" ones. Black, white, nude. I did have a red pair, but don't right now and haven't replaced it, yet.

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

Oh yes! And believe me, men are VERY appreciative of a woman who feels sexy enough to do so. Be warned, they can be difficult to find unless you're in an uban area such as London, New York, etc.

Best Answer

Yes they do still wear nylons they are in different forms such as stockings or Pantyhose ( tights) they are the biggest seller today women are always looking to buy them cause you never know when you are going to get a runner (Ladder in uk). some women today love to have to have there nylons ripped off.

Best Answer

My wife still does when she dresses up.

Best Answer

I do not understand a woman wearing a dress and no nylons.. Nylons finish off the dressed look and make a womans legs look sexy.. I hope women wake up and return to wearing nylons..

Best Answer