Some do and some don't, in a society where everything is expensive it's not uncommon for both partners to work to make ends meet. Although I may tend to agree that some of the expense these couples endure is self inflicted they have it none-the-less. <br />
Frankly homes and things have gotten expensive but the ability to make the money for all that is getting rather hard. <br />
I have a friend who has nothing special except TV and internet, he owns a house and only one car with small payments. At $2000USDper/mo he can barley get buy. He does not even have any debts, no HD tv's, nothing really spectacular, just his wife and two kids. His wife may get a job before long just so that can get enough to pay for life.

Best Answer

women work all the time IN THE HOME- especially after we have children that's a 24-7 job and someone actually did a study & they figured it out that the yearly salary should be $240,000.00 a year if we were paid for all the "jobs" we do around the house and for our familys. here are some- full time cook, nanny, driver, housekeeper, maid, nurse, messenger, seamstress, gardener,animal trainer/keeper, teacher, errand person, dry cleaner/laundry person, therapist, massuse, herbalist, assistant pharmascist., doctor & companion-these are all I know how to do and have done, some may not know or do as many and some may know and do way more.- I find your question odd- what the difference does it make if women "work" after they get married in our country or not??? Do you work outside the home AND do all or most of the jobs I listed when you get home from your regular job???

Best Answer

Most of us do.

Best Answer

one is independent of the other.

Best Answer

They do. Don't understand why they wouldn't, life is way easier if two pay checks are coming in at the end of a month.<br />
Besides, who the hell wants to stay home alone all day, every day?!

Best Answer

In England mostly, unless they are chavs with a boat load of kids and plenty of cheap cider.Whoops, I saw you mentioned married. That is virtually unheard of now in the 21 st century

Best Answer

Yes, When I was married I worked full time plus helped run a self employed concrete business on the side. I ran myself into the ground.

Best Answer

I work w/a lot of women and a lot of them are married.

Best Answer

I'd guess at least half of them do, but I haven't actually seen the statistics. Fewer work after childbirth than after just getting married.

Best Answer

In the states most women are working, but sometimes they quit their jobs to help raise the kids, or they stay working even after being married, having kids, and after the kids have left the house. A lot of women in this country work hard at their careers so why would they want to give that up at all, especially the way the economy is and its sometimes a pride thing too with helping support the family.

Best Answer

Yeah, sadly! England

Best Answer