O38OO2661677 O38OO2661677 36-40 13 Answers Jul 31, 2012

If it's also a breeding facility for endangered animals, I guess it has good intentions, but if it's only there to display animals, I don't think it's actually worth having. I know kids take field trips to zoo's, but do we honestly remember going to the zoo by the time we're adults? I know I don't remember anything but the seals or otters getting me wet.

Best Answer

I think it has bigger impact on some people

Best Answer

Especially the volunteers and workers there, but for the animals... I wouldn't support them flying cubs or infant animals out from their natural habitat in order to live in a zoo, unless it lost it's mother or other circumstances where it wouldn't have survived.

Best Answer

So you are saying we should let all those convicts go?

Best Answer

No... I'm saying...Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A zoo has no useful purpose. What is your opinion?

Best Answer

Education and many do research to help save endangered animals

Best Answer

Maybe if it serves to educate the public on nature conservation. I prefer to observe exotic wild animals in their natural habitat, although I know I probably never be able to. However, I do get to enjoy the company of different species of birds,butterflies, raccoons, possum and stinky skunks. That is fine with me. I am not a big fan of zoos at all. I do like that the San Diego Zoo has a large reptile exhibit which is probably my favorite part along with the pandas. As much as I hate zoos, San Diego is one of the best I've seen.

Best Answer

Mixed feelings about it, but in the end, they are an important way for children to get some kind of understanding about certain animals (seeing their majesty, their grace, the gentleness, etc...) in what has really become the only way possible in the world which we live.

Best Answer

I think there are some Humans that are so interesting everyone should see them. lets Lock them up and charge people to look at them.

Best Answer

yeah... but i guess they can mate? idk.

Best Answer

It serves purposes but to cage anything is wrong. I'll die before being caged

Best Answer

Actually, many Zoo's are excellent nature preserves. I actually sponsored and visited a White Bengal Tiger. I witnessed his birth, and unfortunately, his mother's death at the same time. The actually let me into his habitat until he was moved to California for a mate.

Best Answer

A zoo provides insight for people who cant afford to travel the world & see animals from other countries.

Best Answer

Of ******* course it has a damn useful purpose. Where else am I going to go see tigers and lions and ******* PENGUINS? HUH? Also.. the whole helping endangered species thing.

Best Answer

Disagree

Best Answer