NorseChief NorseChief 26-30, M 11 Answers Jan 3, 2013 in Community

I'm Christian, don't believe in evolution and don't believe in your statement. Forgive me but your statement is just about as stupid as evolution.

Best Answer

sigh... this is why we'll never truly answer questions. some people don't care to collaborate and figure out the question through LOGIC and REASONING and SCIENCE or you know...intelligence.

Best Answer

No, that analogy is misleading.

A random explosion would not create books.

Evolution is not a "random explosion" it is a gradual process of non-random fitness selection of random variables, i.e. mutations.

Best Answer

Do you really believe that something can improve itself or become more advanced over time without intelligent design? Wouldn't you imagine that there is a better chance of something becoming worse over time than becoming better? And by the way, I don't agree that 'evolution' and mutations are the same thing.

Best Answer

We all have an internal drive to further the survival of our own. So, yes, we can "improve" (which is suuupper subjective by the way) through adaptations and our basic drive to survive

Best Answer

I believe what i see with my very eyes. Everything else i will stay open minded to

Best Answer

Do you believe in electricity, wind, atoms, etc?

Best Answer

I can still see those things.. think about it

Best Answer

And in a similar sense, and in the context in which I believe your statement to be, I have seen or can see evidence of the spiritual or 'unseen' world by their effect on the seen or perceivable.

Best Answer

I don't need to 'see' some things to know they're there.

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer

I think the infinite monkey theorm serves as a better metaphor.

Best Answer

No I do not, I'm not a gullible idiot with no concept of how evolution works.

Best Answer

You may think you understand how evolution works, but I imagine people have too much 'faith' in what they're told; I think there are loads of people out there who accept things that they don't fully understand, therefore having 'faith', to a certain extent, in the evolutionary scientists who promote the theory of evolution as a so-called fact.

Best Answer

No - that's how they design CPUs these days and they work most of the time.

Best Answer

I'd focus more on the details of the actual process than any astonishing results after millions of years.

Best Answer

But do you agree with the statement in my question?

Best Answer

I mostly agree with icyrebel up there, but I don't think the big bang was random.

Best Answer

What else can a so-called 'big bang' be without intelligent design?

Best Answer

Do you realize how idiotic that sounds? How could it possible be intelligent design. think about it. what's more conceivable? if you want to believe in miracles, go ahead but i'll call it good luck, bad luck, and all the bull **** in between. we have no reason to believe we are special and we are absolutely not special.
remember kids "you are not special you are the same decaying organic matter as everything else" :)

Best Answer

Also your intelligent being's book says it's okay to beat your wife....

Best Answer

Who knows? Why limit your capability of comprehending what a rational explanation might be with God? Look, you can ask what absolutely anything could be without intelligent design, but it's laziness to do that and the human race would still be completely ignorant if it just accepted when people said "but nothing could cause rain, wind, sight, etc besides the Gods" We learn more every day, but we know so incredibly little about the universe that we may as well be mice. The landscape of our ignorance is plenty big enough for God, it will probably always be. You don't need to try to nonsensically attack science with intelligent design because there will always be room for God in what we do not know. Honestly, I retain the hope that there is the possibility of understanding everything and that eventually there will be no more ignorance, but don't we all, isn't that sort of what your God is? Can't we all get along? Enlightenment is God, who cares? And evolution is a rational explanation, as good as our legs move because there are muscles in them. It is useful, like all knowledge, and it shouldn't threaten you or your concept of God because, like the bible says, "he's unknowable".

Best Answer

I repeat that the analogy is a bit ridiculous. there's evidence behind evolution. that's why traces of prehistoric reptilian dna can still be found in anacondas, crocodiles, komodo dragons, etc. There's far more evidence behind us resulting from evolution than being chosen ones...there's a reason religion is associated with a "leap of faith". No need to leap when you have some evidence. Additionally, we see evolution happening nowadays. Simple example: antibacterial soap is destroying all the good bacteria and making the bad ones immune to such compounds resulting in super bacterium which, as a simple species, is a result of swift adaptation which...ding! is a part of evolution.

I like your question but again...evolution did not happen in an explosion. are you referring to the big bang theory by chance?

Best Answer