Bitto69 Bitto69 61-65, M 31 Answers Oct 28, 2012 in Hobbies

No .. I think it's a special holiday that means a lot to many people.

The commercialization of Christmas is what's ridiculous!!

Best Answer

Totally agree.

Best Answer

Christmas is one thing, so it's either this or that.

Best Answer

No Bitto .. Christmas is a religious holiday for some and a time to just give gifts for others.

Best Answer

The christian absorbing of the Pagan festival is ridiculous.

Best Answer

its heavily commercialized and christianity has bastardized it claiming its to do with the birth of jesus when in fact it is a pagan tradition

Best Answer

I spend Christmas alone with my books also without all the media frenzy..So, NO!

Best Answer

it's a marketing tool to keep economy going

Best Answer

If you step back and look at what it is all about, then yes. If you ignore that part and look at the positive side of Christmas, you will see the best time of year. It also adds a lot of light and energy to a bleak, cold, wet (snowy?) time of year.

Best Answer

Christmas spirit is totally dependant on your inner spirit..if your heart and life are full of love and joy, well then that is what christmas is for you. Christmas will not create what is not there

Best Answer

Neuilly, thank you for putting my feelings into words.

Best Answer

Why do People Become Scrooge Like !!! Mean, Nasty and Bitter as People Age !!!

Infecting Others With A Bad Spirit !!!! Guess You never saw nice so You have to infect others !!!

Have You Ever tried to think beyond Yourself and Help Others

Merry Christmas !

Best Answer

One of the biggest lies ever told. Absolutely nowhere in Bible is there a mention of Xmas. I'm so over that

)

Best Answer

It is what you make it.

Best Answer

Yeah! But I'm referring to what people have made it.

Best Answer

Their choice can only control myself and what happens in my house.

Best Answer

I agree that what the retail industry has done with it is a ridiculous charade

Best Answer

Satan santa ???????

Best Answer

NOOO!! You are a retard if u don't believe and feel the mood if Christmas it not just about the presents you know.. It's in the name: 'Christ'

Best Answer

I'm a retard then, it's settled!

Best Answer

It is an amazing time of year, with an amazing message. Even so, for those who are alone or lost I am sure it is a very frustrating time of year.

Best Answer

Yeah! The time of year ideed is! But Christmas?

Best Answer

The message of Christmas is definitely amazing. There is no other story that is as impactful. If you have faith in Christ it is the reality that God loved you enough to sacrifice divinity for a time to understand us enough to bridge the gap of eternity.. of course if you don't have that faith, then this sounds like complete nonsense to you and for those who don't believe, the need to deny it is equally impactful.. just my opinion.

Best Answer

Religious aspect aside, the "gift" exchanging, the hectic shopping, the silly red hats at the office, etc. is what I find annoying.

Best Answer

I see.. (glad you aren't a retard..lol).. the gift exchanging I find pretty cool, except when it becomes kind of mandatory, but I love buying for my family and closest friends.. I have red hair and it's silly enough, so no need for a hat.. but I do get your point.. please tell me that you enjoy "It's a wonderful life" at least 5 or 6 times a year though.. :)

Best Answer

It's not frustrating, it straight up irritating. The stores are full of insanity driven hordes who act like they had no idea Christmas was going to come at the same time every stinking year. Restaurants are packed, tourists are twice as stupid....it's a miserable time for regular folks to try and do anything. I stay home, alone, eat a pizza and curse the fact that I can't go out and get a seat anywhere or just have peace and quiet unless I bolt the door. It's like the water gets poisoned starting apparently as early as August now.

Best Answer

Nice story, but once was enough for me.

Best Answer

wow.. that in fact would be very irritating. I am glad I live in the country. Horses don't much change just because it's christmas.. :)

Best Answer

Have a great day and thanks for thought provoking question.

Best Answer

U2 & ty.

Best Answer

Hmm...I agree with the charade, yes! But Christmas is my favorite time of year. People give and are just so f***ing happy! :)

Best Answer

It's just another boring day that ruins the last third of the year for normal people.

Best Answer

no!

Best Answer

Oh my word no, I love Christmas! I love the feel of the whole holiday season! I'd be a who if I could! Christmas day is what lets me down.

Best Answer

the spirit is all well and good but the practice of it sometimes is

Best Answer

I love the break, the tacky lights and decorations, eating with friends and families is always great.

Best Answer

That part is nice!

Best Answer