Having somebody believe that someone is in love with them - as a result of being told enough times - the person claiming that love isn't genuine is being led towards heartbreak? I think anyone who does that isn't worth the dirt under my boots. Do you agree?
tak1 tak1 36-40, M 13 Answers Oct 31, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Not really, there are worse. SAYING I love you means nothing, it is how that person treats you that counts. It is not what people say, but what they do that counts. And it is the things they do, that hurt the most.

Best Answer

I mean for someone to allow another to believe, from what they have said, that they have fallen in love with them. Not just saying 'I love you' but claiming that they are head over heels for them when they are not.

Best Answer

Deception full stop is horrid. Add betrayal and that kicks you in the guts. Love lost hurts, but that I find easier to deal with than betrayal. But I guess that comes under actions as well. Been betrayed by my husband (his cheating) a female friend who acted out in my life so bad, still recovering. And at work. Those hurt far more than someone just falling out of love with me.

Best Answer

That must have been awful, pixel, I'm sorry you went through that. I actually met someone on here and fell very, very hard for. Trouble was...she was married, and we embarked on 4-5 months 'relationship' that was supposed to lead to us getting together. She told me very clearly that she was in love with...and I fell for it. Eventually she ended it and went back to hubby (technically she never left him). But what's hurt even more than her deception is the fact that I've had to see comments that she's wrote on certain threads saying how great it's going with her and hubby. She knows I will see them and how hurt I'd be. Evil, plain and simple.

Best Answer

Understand, easy to get close to someone online been there myself. Every time you log on you are reminded of them, and not easy. What can I say, she is who she is, do you really still want her in your life? Not nice at all what she did to you, but you knew I am assuming that she was married. Married people don't leave their partners all the time, yes some do, but guessing most don't. Sorry again, knows it hurts but you will get over it.

Best Answer

You're right. I did know that she was married but she had me believe it was over and at an end. I know I'm better off without her poisonous ways but she hurt me more than anyone else ever has. A lesson learned anyway: never get involved with a married person, no matter how much they claim to love you or how damaged the marriage is supposed to be.

Best Answer

I hear you, you opened your heart and got handed it back broken. Honestly cheap at half the price. She is a serial cheater I guess, needs that something extra in her life. Yeah she is happy with her husband, writing about it and all, but would he be happy with her if he knew the truth? Hey you know you are capable of loving deeply, remember that and hopefully find someone like minded in the future. Wish you luck.

Best Answer

Thank you for that, I will. Take care. :)

Best Answer

It is THE worst.

Best Answer

Absolutely! :)

Best Answer

All human need to hear someone say it, even if its a lie. Action to the love is more revealing than the words I love you.

Best Answer

yes I agree

Best Answer

Of course, that saying is thrown around way to easily nowadays.

Best Answer

Agreed. I only tell someone I love them if I love them, that's it. But for someone to specifically say that they are IN love with you when they are not, I think, is THE most cruel and callous thing a human being could do.

Best Answer

I approve of this message!

Best Answer

Maybe they did mean it - and are deceiving themselves as well.

Best Answer

Yep. But I think some people are in love with the concept of love and the feelings it brings, however temporary they might be.

Best Answer

yes....that really sucks

Best Answer