A nuclear Iran may not be a threat to the world as the US government suggests. Iran is politically stable unlike the rest of the middle east, and it's capable of solving it's own problems with the neighbours. Iran has a clean record. However, It is under constant threat of being attacked by Israel as evident from the past. On the other hand, Israel is safe only because of it's alliance with the US. Should the US depart, Israel would be in danger from all sides of its border. Now the involvement of China in the middle eastern affairs complicates things to a large extent. I believe either way is going to be tough. Without the US, the middle east would turn into a war zone. Israel would be facing extinction and it may get easier for terrorist organizations to perform their operations. With the US presence, Iran is placed under heavy sanctions and this is affecting the country's economy.
LaDefense LaDefense 22-25, M 29 Answers Mar 22, 2012

Do you agree Iran should leave the US alone?

Best Answer

Ofcourse

Best Answer

IMHO the U.S. should have spent all these years making sure their own weapons, combat strategies, intelligence etc was on point.<br />
Only making economic alliances and staying out of major wars. Except maybe to send commandos in and assassinate the leaders if the country got too big for its borders.Or just <br />
The middle east has been warring for thousands of years.<br />
And they will keep doing so for many reasons. One of which is that it is the center of the three Abrahamic religions along with racial/ethnic and culture prejudice.<br />
Basically humans being morons which will not be ended by war.<br />
Only people agreeing to disagree and living with tolerance.<br />
The U.S. keeps adding band aids to that large wound.

Best Answer

If I woke up tomorrow AM and Iran was a vast plain of bubble melted sand, my only sorrow would be that we'd have to rebuild the oil fields.

Best Answer

Please tell me this is just coarse humor. I always appreciate and applaud what you have to say, but I can't let this go unchallenged. You're just kidding, Right??

Best Answer

Yes, I'm overstating it. Better we knockout their one refinery and grind the whole economy to a halt over hte next few days then take out their ports and infrastructure one guided missile at a time.

Best Answer

You think that's going to be easy? The countries that depend on Iran for oil wouldn't let that happen. And the US is not stupid enough to try.

Best Answer

The fall of Iran is of their own choice. It isn't the nation of Iran that is a threat but the leaders that are willing in order to legitimize religion – with the practice of violent extraction of all other opinions contrary to the beliefs of Islam as the only one. The Iranian people cannot control the leaders when the rule of law is Illegal and corrupts the nation in the eyes of the world.

Best Answer

NO I don't agree.......I think that the international community needs to be tougher on Iran in regards to cutting off their money suppy for oil...The problem is it isn't the Iranian Gov't that suffers for all that happens...It's the people who end up suffering for cutting off of money and the Iranian Gov't doesn't care. I don't think we should bomb the plants(unless a last resort) as that only creates more problems in the long run....If anything we should be promoting more information to the people and give them the ways to over throw the lunatics they have in there now.

Best Answer

We should put as much effort into diplomacy as possible. Ahmadinejad has made his intentions quite clear concerning the US and Israel. This is really a tough one! An attack on Iran would open up the way for a war the likes of which we have never seen. The draft would have to be activated and there would be involvement of Russia, China, Turkey, Great Britain, France and more. We absolutely have to figure out a way to solve this problem diplomatically, or accept a nuclear arms race in the middle east, and an inevitable attack on Israel and eventually the United States. The Mullahs have been very clear about the big Satan and the Little Satan and their plans for both, and presently Iran is the biggest sponsor of terrorism against the US and her allies,

Best Answer

Good post. I agree on the scale of war that may break out. The countries such as China, India and Russia which are dependent on Iran for oil wouldn't leave Iran alone. As a result this may escalate into a global war.
With the exception of the US, Israel and a few states in Europe, nobody else has a problem with Iran.

Best Answer

ok you say Iran has a clean record? but has threatened to blow israel off the map (reguardless of how you feel) israel IS one of thier neighbors. Also Iran is known as one of the biggest backers or terrorism and even muslim neighbors are afriad of them.

Best Answer

But if they left Iran alone who else would they bully?

Best Answer

Well, if Santorum becomes President, it will be France because they love sex so much.

Best Answer

And we all know that you hate sex don't we!

Best Answer

I love sex. Look at your profile, perv. I feel so sorry for that dog living w/ you. Your insults r so pathetic,yet u ssaid EP is for sharing ideas. Look at u now. Pervert.

Best Answer

When the Iranian leader talked of ending the world by starting WW3, we all must take him seriously. Iran promotes terrorism across the middle east and the world. It hates Israel, talks of its demise and only the U.S. stands in the way of Iran attacking Israel with WMD. Maybe not having Iran would make the world a safer place. <br />
I will admit Iran is an educated country that at one time valued western culture like the U.S. However, the educated Iran has lost pace with the religious Iran, and this to me is the problem. This same problem exists in many middle eastern countries today, Shia Law has upset the balance of educated, rational thinking, and this scares me.<br />
Iran with a nuke may not be a bad thing as it may keep people talking instead of fighting. I see India and Pakistan as the example here. Two countries who are greatly armed, yet they have continued to talk instead of destroy each other. If Israel or the U.S. take out Iran's nuclear capabilities, if that's even possible, it may cause more problems then it solves, as China and Russia are both on the Iranian side of the issue, if for no other reason then to oppose the U.S. Both may however, be supportive of a nuke free Iran if only because they too fear this religious state of being too religious and therefore not trustworthy. Neither one wants to have a war over whether Iran has a nuke, that's not a winning situation for either one.<br />
We only see what is put in front of us. What is reported, or what any or all governments want us to know. I believe that behind closed doors all nations involved in this are talking on a regular basis. No nation wants to start WW3 and no nation is interested in being destroyed in full or in part so I'm hopeful cooler heads, and good negotiating will solve this problem.<br />
I would bet that Iran will get to keep its weapon and the U. S. will get Something for both China and Russia.

Best Answer

I'm sorry for the those who are victims, it's all i can say. I pray for our soldiers, but it is a little scary out there.<br />
Little. REALLY!

Best Answer

US is acting like world police they should leave every1 alone

Best Answer

No I don't. Which is best - stop them from getting nuclear bombs or waiting to do something after some major city has been turned into a radioactive wasteland by an Iranian bomb?<br />
BTW Iran is a signer of the non proliferation treaty. That they are thumbing their noses at it's provisions should tell you all you need to know about their intentions.

Best Answer

Btw map I know Exelon patches because they r for my mom so show everyone your true colors and laugh at her. However, being around the disease makes me see the signs, all of which you have.

Best Answer

What does any of that have to do with the Iranian Nuclear program? and their support of international terrorism?
BTW I would never make fun of your mother or any other Alzheimer's patient. Your mind is a terrible thing to loose. I watched a couple of my friends parents disappear into that fog them years later watched as they did the same, one was only 55 when he began to forget. - how old are you ? over 50?

Best Answer

The question is - would Iran be stupid enough to do such a thing? The US would bomb the entire nation in a matter of weeks if that happens. And if Iran is signatory to the NPT, they would play by the rules. There are other countries like N. Korea and Pakistan that are non signatories and pose a bigger problem.
Take India and Pakistan for example, they are both nuclear states, both are non signatories of the NPT and yet they haven't had a nuclear war. Nuclear weapons act as a powerful deterrent. Each country is afraid of what's gonna happen, should she use a nuclear weapon.

Best Answer

Your agreeing that MAD ( mutual assured destruction ) works?

Best Answer

yes,let her sort out herseif out <br />
she had been since 4000 BC

Best Answer

The US should keep their nose out of everywhere and everything....for real

Best Answer

Defense, I agree. Why wouldn't Iran feel threatened? We bully them while Netanyahu tells his lies.

Best Answer

Not if they are developing a nuclear weapon. But it could be just the same as Iraq, just accusing them of bullshit to justify war with them. It is wether it is true or not. It is hard to trust the USA after the Iraq war though it was a good thing that Saddam Hussain was removed from power but the war was still wrong. If Israel and the USA attack Iran and find no WMD I will never trust them again.

Best Answer

Saddam is gone,what has changed ?

Best Answer

Iran sees WMDs as a neccessity for security. They had help from the Russians to build their nuclear reactors for the same reason. Maybe they are tired of constantly living in fear of Israeli or American bullying .

Best Answer

Can't let someone like him run a country, he tried to invade Kuwait once, remember? I don't care if Iraq has changed or not, they still have beliefs of the stone age.

Best Answer

Iran is one of the main supporters of international terrorism, so they're hardly innocent. As for Israel's safety, I think that rests more on their nuclear arsenal and their almost-certain will to use it as a last resort than any support the US gives them.

Best Answer

Nope. Nuclear iran is a treat to the world. This is a country that wants to wipe Israel from the world.<br />
We should never let such a country have those weapons or the will use it against the US. Wonna bet?

Best Answer

In the past fifty years, there has not been a single attack by Iran on any other country. Israel however bullied several countries including Iran and Iraq, because it knows the US will intervene if someone were to fight back.

Best Answer

Not by Iran per-say..that is what they use terriosts for so they can say their hands are clean...They sponsor almost all the terriosts so that when the gov't's fall Iran can help the Muslim Britherhood to take over and become like them

Best Answer

ever heard of hezbella? hamas? this organizations are funded by iran and they are terror organizations. Iran sponsors terrorism. I guess you havnt had about the quds force as well. They should never be allowed to have those weapons.

Best Answer

With the exception of the US and Israel, and maybe one or two countries in Europe, nobody else calls Iran a sponsor of terrorism.

Best Answer

well, my country does and they are turning my country into a war zone by importing tons of missles into my country. I know that you are middle eastern and that is fine. I have friends from duabi, oman, qatar, and even Palestine and they still dont like iran. so....

Best Answer

Anyways, great debate have a good one bro :)

Best Answer

Thanks. And I'm not middle eastern. :]

Best Answer

Send in Chuck to sort em out

Best Answer

I am glad the USA is doing what they are doing to a rogue nation that talks like they want to mess up the USA even before these sanctions.

Best Answer

And why exactly do you think Iran is a rogue nation?

Best Answer

They talk of destroying Israel.

Best Answer

because of what they say they will/want to do...They don't believe they should be a part of the international community &amp; they do what they want &amp; disregard what other nations think or say

Best Answer

international community - ,if you/re not with us you're against us

Best Answer

That may be so, but hasn't Israel done the same? And plus Israel got the US to watch her back. The US government labeled Iran as a rogue state perhaps, but other countries like China, India and Russia depend on Iran for part of their oil needs. And they are not willing to follow the sanctions placed by the US.

Best Answer

I think you mean just the US. The other countries, with the exception of Israel have no problem with Iran.

Best Answer

I don't want to sound like I'm pro Iran, but i think these sanctions are a bit unfair.

Best Answer