Or is what's good for Wall Street more generally good for the elite?
ChipmunkErnie ChipmunkErnie 61-65, M 7 Answers Nov 7, 2012 in Hobbies

No, beware of the rollercoaster at Wall Street. Greed brings corruption.

Best Answer

I though that question was put to rest with the last financial debacle. Just look at the Wall St. salaries and bonuses, and then look at the number of foreclosures on Main St. The only thing that rolls downhill is ****!

Best Answer

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

Best Answer

No. At the moment they're merely a necessary evil because upwards mobility can't function without lenders, but I have to believe there's a better system out there.

Best Answer

We've been living in a country of downward mobility since Reagan

Best Answer

It's a rigged system. I just don't know any other that can facilitate loans for education and homes, capital for innovation, and opportunities to small investors.

Best Answer

Nope. Betting on the movement of perceived value creates no value except those who (like Romney) can leverage that to raid companies for their assets.<br />
Now, more than ever, wall street needs to be regulated with a new Glass-Steagall (nope, the Barney Frank bill is weak tea and pretty damned stupid) and the rich need to be ***** mined of their wealth and kicked to the curb.

Best Answer

I think what's good for Main Street should be good for Wall Street.

Best Answer

No. President Reagan's notion of supply-side or trickle-down economics doesn't work. We learned that in hindsight. What happens is that the rich keep getting rich; the poor keep getting poorer; and the middle class has disappeared.

Best Answer

You don't like being trickled on? And that trickle down theory was disproven long ago. I forget where I found it, but the earliest quote pointing out the fallacy came from Will Rogers, Jr. back in the early 1930s.

Best Answer