funkyshh funkyshh 18-21, F 18 Answers Dec 25, 2012 in Religion

The ancient people of England were celebrating Xmas long before the Romans forced Xtianity on them. Its my right as an Englishman to celebrate the solstice.

Best Answer

Well not sure how that is possible,England is around a thousand yrs old and the Romans were the ruling power when Jesus was on earth.There was no "Christmas" before Jesus but people did celebrate solstice.

Best Answer

There have been people living in England although the name has changed for millions of years. The pagan solstice celebrations were around long before Jesus. The Romans used the solstice to help with forcing conversions onto the native Europeans. And like the country the name of the celebration has been changed. Call it what you want I will still celebrate the winter solstice.

Best Answer

It's for anyone that wants to celebrate it.

Best Answer

No - anyone's welcome to join in with us in my opinion :-)

Best Answer

I am a atheist but I do spend time with family this time of year. It is sad to me that we only feel brother hood towards fellows when we are reminded by the commercialism of the shopping holiday and not year round like this world needs today.

Best Answer

Should be. I think Christmas is suppose to be celebrated because it's jesus' birthday. If you don't believe in god then what's the point?

Best Answer

Christmas is not for Christians. It's pagan.

Best Answer

No. Christmas is not for Christians. It is Pagan.<br />
Jesus was not born on December 25th and Christmas cards, Christmas trees,<br />
Santa Claus etc have nothing to do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.<br />
If you love Jesus Christ of Nazareth you need to stop celebrating this pagan festival, it is an abomination to God. Check out the roots and do some research.<br />
It is not biblical.

Best Answer

I was wondering what you guys were thinking. I'm not really interested to do some research.

Best Answer

December 25 is a long-standing pagan tradition in many cultures. The real question is: do you agree with Christians stealing the religious holiday of others, and then berating their victims and demean them for taking the Christ out of a day invented in 327 when it was first inserted.

Best Answer

it is our choice and belief..

Best Answer

I am A Christian and I do not believe that Christmas is a celebration of Christ's birth. Where in the sc<x>riptures are Christians revealed any Precepts or Statutes pertaining to the celebration of Jesus's birth.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Christmas has always been associated with Jesus even though he was not born on December 25th.

Best Answer

I wish Christmas would go back to being a holy day for Christians and we could stop the materialistic insanity of what it has become.<br />
I'm not a Christian and I ignore it as much as I can, but you certainly see the worst in human nature this time of year.<br />
Also, I always pay attention to how many people wish me a Merry Christmas. This year: one. A homeless guy wanting a handout!

Best Answer

Christmas as we celebrate it now is a celebration of the birth of Christ. The date and time of year apparently have pagan roots, but that doesn't make the holiday we celebrate in anyway pagan. Given the reason for celebration anyone who is not happy with the fact that Jesus Christ was born would obviously not wish to celebrate. However, it has never been a holiday that is meant to exclude. The Christian message is that Jesus is the messiah who came for the benefit of everyone. If you are Christian, it's not a day to seperate, but to share the celebration. If you are not a Christian, there is still much to celebrate. Whether you like it or not, there is plenty of historical evidence that indicates that the followers of Jesus changed dramatically and life on earth for average men and women was forever changed. Men and women who called themselves Christian have historically done some awful things in the name of Christ, but that was not and is not the message of the new testament if read in context. Enjoy Christmas, either in faith or if not, with a spirit of thinking about those around you and how you can make their life a little better today.

Best Answer

Early Christians hijacked a pagan celebration and made it their own. The bible does not support Christmas one iota. Jesus never said to associate the winter solstice with his birth. No apostle disciple or anyone for centuries after the supposed death of Christ mentioned Christmas. I wonder how Christians don't see Christmas as idolatry or blasphemous.

Best Answer