GrumpyGrouchy GrumpyGrouchy 22-25, F 33 Answers Jan 7 in Politics

In principle. It doesn't always work out that way in reality for everyone. Poor people are more likely to feel like it is guilty till proven innocent because they cannot hire the best lawyers while for many rich folks who can hire the best lawyers the principle works almost too well. I have no doubt that OJ Simpson probably killed his wife and Mr. Goldman but Johnnie Cochran was a darn good lawyer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=infLrZjJpNc&hd=1

Best Answer

I agree, this pretty much applies everywhere good lawyers can solve almost everything. There was this case where I live a few years back this 17 years old girl who'd drove recklessly on the highway and crashed into a van killing 8 people. She'd fled the country and never receive any form of punishment not even a prison sentence.

Best Answer

If you have to hire a public defender you are probably doomed even if you didn't do it. Spend some money on a good lawyer if you can.

Best Answer

I agree completly, it does now seem as the question should be ' guilty untill you prove your innocent' !

Best Answer

I'm glad I started a good dialogue here. :)

Best Answer

Most certainly; a person's guilt must be established beyond reasonable doubt - not presumed from the beginning.

Best Answer

In america, as soon as you are charged with something, the mob otherwise known as society, sets their claws into you, ripping you apart, threatening your life, insulting everything about you. But until all the facts are on the table, until everything is debated, until both sides present their evidence, you cannot be guiilty before the verdict. It doesn't matter who is alleging anything - if there is not solid evidence to back it up, it's mere speculation, and to convict on mere assumptions is a very dangerous thing. Even when people have been declared guilty and sentenced and behind bars, there are cases where new evidence has been presented to vindicate them. Justice should never be so quick and shift that it fails to without a reasonable doubt show that you are either 100% guilty or 100% innocent; there can be no doubts, it's either you are guilty or you have been found to be not guilty. If you are ssaid to have done something, there must be facts to back it up completely, or its mere heresay. If the pieces don't fit, you don't have a case. That's why it pays for everyone to be clear and concise in their investigations and speaking to suspects, witnesses, and other people.

Best Answer

Not guilty until proven guilty.

Best Answer

Sure... the concept anyway. But it's troubling when more and more you see people on TV being released after a bunch of years for things they didn't do. "Proven" apparently means who was the better lawyer. ;/

Best Answer

I prefer "innocent unless proven guilty."

Best Answer

Absolutely. Beats the alternative.

Best Answer

Yes but does that ever happen?

Best Answer

Absolutely.

Best Answer

Absolutely.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

Yes but in some cases and in some corrupt country's where the police force is corrupt your often guilty long before you get to court

Best Answer

That depends on the situation.

My sub is guilty until proven innocent :-D

Best Answer

Yes... Its the law.

Best Answer

Well, yeah. How could it be otherwise?

Best Answer

Sure do!!!!

Best Answer

not with the media being able to name suspects and talk to their friends and family, printing their entire life's history long before they see a courtroom to be tried. a person could take a much needed whiz in the woods and be a convicted sex offender long before the trial even started nowadays.

Best Answer

thats a lie

Best Answer

I agree with it even though sometimes I'd like to ignore it. Agree with it or not, it's the law.

Best Answer

Yes. Take Micky, Joan and Marc.

Micky took Joan's sweater cause he thaught it was his', Joan is a tall girl.

Joan come's home and accuses marc of taking the sweater but Marc didn't do it.

Marc would be guilty untill they find the real culprit(Micky) or Joan could not blame anyone untill she ask's everyone about her sweater before she comes to a conclusion.

Best Answer