mrmistery mrmistery 41-45, M 19 Answers Jan 24, 2013 in Community

My feelings about it are complicated. The way the system is in the U.S., the death penalty isn't meted out equitably. Whether or not you're even convicted depends upon the level of counsel you can afford and how aggressively they're willing to fight for you. There are many times your life depends on how much money you have---this is one of them.<br />
The death penalty as a concept doesn't bother me as much when I think of some of the things people are capable of doing, for no reason other than their own sick gratification. Honestly, I would have no problem sleeping if some criminals, child rapists, for example, were exterminated. They can't stop themselves, they can't be rehabilitated and no child is safe around them. But I do agree with the premise that better to have life sentences for even them, than to execute even one innocent person. And we know by The Innocence Project numbers we've already done it.

Best Answer

some good points

Best Answer

Sometimes they convict the wrong person, what then???

Best Answer

very true,i dont think making another person a murderer to get rid of a criminal is always the answer

Best Answer

Am afraid here in South Africa, I do agree with the death penalty,We are surrounded by a lot of savages that have no compunction of human or animal life,, so must i lower myself to accept that level of thought?

Best Answer

I think if it comes down to it, criminals should be given a choice between the death penalty and life in prison. You'd be surprised that many prefer the death penalty. <br />
I am surprised that many EPers believe child molesters deserve the death penalty. As far as I learned, most pedophiles are biologically 'sick'. Wouldn't locking them away for life or castrating them or something be more reasonable?

Best Answer

the victims family should be the one givin the choice not the criminal,they loose all rights in my opinion

Best Answer

I think victims or their families choosing would result in disproportionate punishment to most crimes. The goal is not to go on a revenge-fest and turn the justice system to a circus.
I am not calling to give criminals a choice in any other situation. The death penalty is very controversial, and some claim life in prison especially if it includes solitary confinement is inhumane, so I think that to settle the dilemma, give the person who is potentially being wronged a choice between the two. They're not choosing between pizza and pasta, they are choosing between death and life in prison, if you call that a privilege.
Just my opinion.

Best Answer

Not always,

Best Answer

I like that option for really dangerous criminals like a serial killer or a terrorist that has no empathy for innocent human life. Because if they ever get loose they will cause more harm.

Best Answer

Yes for these crimes<br />
Manslaughter/Murder<br />
Rape without condom<br />
illegal recruitment<br />
**********

Best Answer

what a stupid comment,so rape is ok as long as you wear a condom?

Best Answer

i just like to get your attention,he he he. And yes, Im kinda stupid.

Best Answer

No, and how many times a week do I have to see this question?

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Fraid so.

Best Answer

Sometimes...

Best Answer