I disagree with this. It's difficult to put into words why but I'll try. The phrase "boys will be boys" is used to often describe something a boy will do that is adventurous or dangerous or stupid. Less inhibited. Girls have much of the same adventure streak but it is suppressed from an early age. Girls are fragile, delicate, must be protected and pretty much worshiped (as the popular sterotype goes), while boys are pretty much expendable since, while any guy can knock up a girl, only the girls can have the babies. Anyway.... Then a girl hits child bearing age and all heck breaks loose. Guys notice the girls, the girls have heaving hormonal desires for a while and the parents try to keep everyone 7 years old. You can see the problems. After being sheltered (far more a few decades ago than now) the girl is hit by all this adultness being focused on her and she has to adapt. Somehow. This is growing up. Some choose to do it far faster than others and some don't do it well. For most, it's a wild ride full of surprises, humor, anger, and eventually a life.

Best Answer

No. Girls grow up faster because of biology. We either blame evolution or God for that one. Whichever one is at fault, we probably wouldn't be here today if not for it. Gotta love procreation.

Best Answer

Biology forces us to grow up faster, so you agree?

Best Answer

I guess wording it biologically I would agree that, for most young women, they have no choice. But saying "grow up" can mean many different things.

Best Answer

A little yeah. Lot is is expected of is.

Best Answer

not necessary. i know a lot of immature girls and immature boys, and mature boys and mature girls.

Best Answer

But would you say a 13 year old girl is more mature than a 13 year old boy? Why or why not?

Best Answer

i have never been very mature haha...i would saaaaayyy majority of girls in highschool tried to act more mature in front of people but get to know them they weren't mature at all haha. i think maturity varies from person to person. A person growing up in a house with neglectful parents may need to learn how to fend for themselves thus need to learn adult things to be able to survive. I think its a complicated answer really. Can't be black and white. I think girls go through puberty earlier than boys. That might cause some to gain maturity over others.

Best Answer

Biologically girls are forced to grow up and take responsibility for themselves before boys. A boy is still playing with toys when a girls whole body and life is changing.

Best Answer

yeh i agree :) maturity is more than your body changing though.

Best Answer

Nope. Age doesn't define whether we have matured or not. We choose this.

Best Answer

I didn't say mature, I said grow up.

Best Answer

Haha i'm afraid I refer to it as the same thing. Growing up or maturing I see no way to distinguish them from each other.(:

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

Some not all

Best Answer

Would you say girls are forced to mature faster tho?

Best Answer

It would depend on the circumstances.

Best Answer

What about biological?

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

Why?

Best Answer

Well it all depends on each persons individual life while some families might be harder on the girls forcing them to grow up faster while others might force boys harder
Wht do u mean by u r forced and tht u hv to grow up faster

Best Answer

True. I meant biologically

Best Answer

Well physically yes females hit their growth spurts first but as far as mental maturity it mostly depends on the stimuli the child is exposed to during the first few years of life

Best Answer

It depends on the individual and their circumstances.

Best Answer

What factors play a role in this?

Best Answer

The individual's childhood and what they have to deal with during their childhood. For example: I I know a lot of people who had terrible parents and who had to fend for themselves when it came to survival.

Best Answer

Agreed. But what about biology?

Best Answer

It can play a part, granted, but circumstance is usually the trigger. If a person who was biologically and genetically more likely to act in a mature way was pampered and spoiled, they would probably (except in rare cases) mature as slowly as a person less genetically or biologically likely to mature would if they were in similar circumstances. Events and circumstance are, for the most part, what makes or breaks a person.

Best Answer

Very well put, but maturity is not predominately biological but caused trough environmental factors (family home ect) I asked about biologically.

Best Answer

Well I am not exactly an expert biologist and I'll be the first to say it. But most girls are forced to mature earlier than boys, due to societal influence, not because they are female. It's more about nurture than nature (as you just said).

Best Answer