For whatever reason, wives are more likely to stay. They make excuses and blame the other woman for the problems in their marriage. Because they also buy into that double standard, they hold the other woman responsible for their husband's cheating. Husbands, on the other hand, place the blame for a cheating wife squarely upon the wife's shoulders, and are less likely to forgive her or stick around.

Best Answer

If they blame the husband, then they have to admit he betrayed them. Morever, then they have to decide whether or not to leave. It's less complicated to pretend that it's all the other woman's fault, there's no emotion invested in her.

Best Answer

Not as far as I'm concerned. A cheater is a cheater, and I have no respect for them.

Best Answer

no!

Best Answer

I don't know if I truly believe there is a double standard as cheating is cheating as chaoticpeace posted. But, with that said, in the corporate world of extremely high income levels, I think it's more accepted in men. The good ole boys...:)

Best Answer

And if we answer "no", should we not tell "y"?<br />
Of course there are double standards. Women and men are different. From the way we are to the way we see the opposite sex.

Best Answer

yes please,im interested========

Best Answer

Women are more likely to stay with their partner when they cheat, then it continues to happen..... But men they are more likely to just leave and find someone new. Double standard yes definitely just like there is a double standard when it comes to some having sex with lots of men as oppose to men having sex with lots of women /:

Best Answer

Don't worry it may seem he got off with what he done but the world has away of showing people the pain they cause others,its called karma, what he done when you were I'll wasn't nice, hope your ok now.

Best Answer

Double standards exist because women are valued less. Men will lie for a man they don't know. But women are always trying to devalue other women. (jealousy)

Best Answer