I wonder if you really have to have an IQ above average to be like a neurosurgeon or a very succesful/famous singer, actor, or musician. Or can anything be achieved by an average person through hard work and will?
anisse113 anisse113 18-21, F 25 Answers Jun 16, 2012

if you can dream it then it can be achieved..bigger question is how bad do you really want it to go after it?

Best Answer

I use to believe that , that statment was total bullshit. Now I believe that through hard work and dedication almost anything is possible. But I don't believe everything is possible there are things that certain peole were just not meant to do.

Best Answer

Sorry but no - it certainly doesnt hurt but there is potentially too many outside variables beyond our own control.

Best Answer

not everything is achievable no matter how hard you work or want it , but it is amazing sometimes what the human being can accomplish with sheer will power and the aggressiveness required to reach certain goals

Best Answer

You cannot achieve without hard work,<br />
but unfortunately it's not the only factor.<br />
Emotional-social intelligence works better than IQ.<br />
But some types of work do take special talent and training.<br />
For instance, I have difficulty imagining that an Olympic gymnast could make a contribution to the development of a Universal Field Theory, or that a physicist could beat all other athletes in the free choreography of gymnastics -- although either is probably not impossible.<br />
Then there are also other factors like politics and chance.<br />
So while one must work hard to attain success, <br />
that work is no guarantee.<br />
A person of average IQ could easily do far better than one of high IQ, if they have sanity and people skills.

Best Answer

Of course not. Too achieve in somethings you have to have a natural aptitude for it. There is a correlation between natural talent measured through standard IQ tests and the level of success they achieve. Hard work without talent is a shame. :/

Best Answer

Thought+ conviction (belief )= manifestation. The old "hard work"= a good life is a fallacy. With just a burning desire for what you want and stead fast conviction or belief one can attain what they want or desire. That is short of things like moving mountains. I am not a bible buff; But I think there is something to the extent to what the bible was saying about Faith. I feel it has been misunderstood on SOME things. Like this for instance: You reap what you sow. Take it in a different context. If you plant the seed "I am a no body in your head." Then you will likely be just that. On the other side of this we have: If you "plant" a thought of "I am not just able to do this or that and in fact I know I can." You will.

Best Answer

I don't say hardddwork,but,definitely through great interest and love on the thing u do!

Best Answer

No I don't, but don't be put off by that, try your best anyway.

Best Answer

not thorough but through yes

Best Answer

lol.. Sorry! 'Through' is what I meant.=)

Best Answer

If you can conceive it -- you can achieve it. The IQ of the successful is as varied as the people --people with a dream and a determination to start where ever necessary to do what they have a vision for. It is hard work perhaps -- but not like the hard work of doing what you don't enjoy. It is exhilarating to "work hard" for what you want and have the vision for.

Best Answer

NO...i don't believe it...there are many things in life which can't be obtained by just hard work..

Best Answer

in America? nope..

Best Answer

Why do you believe so?

Best Answer

It's a nice idea, but I would say, "No."<br />
I think that some things require a certain amount of talent or a certain ability to look at things a certain way. And hard work won't necessarily make you into Miss Universe or into a virtuoso, as much as you may want to be.

Best Answer

The real mindscrew happens when people achieve what they dreamed for.. and then they look around

Best Answer

Probably, if you are interested enough on the topic.

Best Answer

Nope. Try flying to Mars or swimming to the bottom of the ocean on a single breath. Obviously a bunch of things are outside the realm of human capability.

Best Answer

any one can do any of the above, but the ones that were born to do that are the ones that will outshine the rest <br />
source: personal experience (a couple of months ago i had this drawing competition with a friend, she was born to draw, and i learned although im fairly good she had natural talent)

Best Answer

I think that it may be hard for anyone... there probably is a ba<x>seline... but for most... hard work will pay off... and I know for a fact that with hard work...you IQ will eventually test higher too.

Best Answer