QTB2 QTB2 18-21, F 27 Answers Aug 17, 2012 in Religion

It doesn't even make sense to me how can one force a religion on you!!!! Religion is mostly about your heart, of course you need to translate what is in your heart into actions etc.. but in my religion, if your heart doesn't believe and you don't have the intention to believe, then you are not a believer even if you practice this religion 24/7, so it could never be possible for anyone to force a religion on me, no one can enter my heart and force me to believe, heart and soul is all what matters and it is under your control not anyone's control.

Best Answer

If you force anything on a person.. is it right?

Best Answer

No. I believe in freedom from coercion in the external order as a civil right. However, I do believe in making people aware of the truth, including children.

Best Answer

Amen

Best Answer

First and foremost by living what you believe.

Best Answer

No, not at all. But I do believe in sharing the word of God

Best Answer

I cannot believe how bad and ignorant these answers are. I just can't.

Yes, you can force religion on someone. It's called indoctrination. When you brainwash kids you are forcing something on them. Indoctrination is a powerful, powerful thing. I know girls who are super hot and they think they're fat and ugly. They've been told that their whole lives. They've been indoctrinated to think they're never pretty or good enough. That is *NOT* the person's choice. If you tell someone they're horrible sinners deserving of eternal damnation in a lake of fire since they're an infant, how do you think it's going to go?

Yes. It is forcing it on them. Brainwashing innocent children is wrong.

I just can't believe how ignorant you people are.

Best Answer

Yep, I'm glad not everyone is so dumb and/or hypocritical.

Best Answer

Thank you. I wish people would see that kids don't have the reasoning ability of adults. Thanks for the response.

Best Answer

A giant THUMBS UP on that post!

Best Answer

No, never, ever is that right! Everyone has to find their own way to the truth and peace in their own heart.

Best Answer

You can not force anything on anyone its there choice. We preach and may let you know what it says but its your choice to listen telling the word of god is our job spreading the message to make people aware of the truth and planting the seed but what you do with that is up to you. I teach my kids of his word my 5 year old probably knows more than a lot but when he becomes a man what he belives is up to him and again I'm planting the seed

Best Answer

Nope. Hence why I will expose my children to all religions and then let them pick what they think is right.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

religion is fine for the people that believe trying to force someone is not - why is religion the start of many wars, because they are trying to force their opinions - religion to me causes pain and i do not believe - as for does god exist i don't dis-spell that at all

Best Answer

No. Your religion isn't valid by force.

Best Answer

no. it can only be done by parents to children. you can pretend to comply until you're old enough, then leave the nest and be your own person.

Best Answer

Trickery is better. i am a traveling preacher of sorts, but no i dont force it, I present the philosophy I have chosen, and my self in a way that causes you to ask questions and then the seed is planted. I find this to be more productive.

Best Answer

No, it is not right. If a person does not wish to hear about another's religious views they should be left alone.

Best Answer

no..:(

Best Answer

Well if you do you're an idiot.

Fair enough, bring them up with the idea, help them understand what it is, but never make that decision for them.

Best Answer