On ancient Athens]: In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security. They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all – security, comfort, and freedom. When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again. – Edward Gibbon
noshadow noshadow 61-65, M 12 Answers Oct 12, 2010

Yes it does, people need to pay more attention to the past and learn from all the **** ups others have made.

Best Answer

Only if we don't learn about it, or we forget about it. And, if we don't keep our government from repeating it.

Best Answer

Like a bad burrito

Best Answer

Only if we don't learn from it!!

Best Answer

Some of the questions here repeat themselves, so yeah.

Best Answer

my dads mom died when he was nine years old ,my brother's wife died when his son was nine years old.there a whole lot more I don't care to get into right now

Best Answer

I believe that very much so. Humans are ignorant of the past most times so it is easy to repeat bad patterns. I mean look at Nuclear war, the threat is once again here and the last threat of Nuclear war was only like thirty years ago...

Best Answer

I guess you can say it repeats itself, but that is a bad way to word it. It is very likely that if people acted a certain way in the past, that people today will act in a somewhat similar way, but would that really be considered repetition? Even with that being the case, there are many different things in a "repetition," so I wouldn't say history repeats itself.

Best Answer