"The United States has one of the highest divorce rates in the world: 45-to-50% of first marriages fail. On the other hand, in India, only 1.1% of marriages end in divorce. The low divorce rate can be attributed to arranged marriages." from: http://www.newsplex.com/news/headlines/15647947.html <br />
I have read several places that arranged marriages work as well or better than "love" marriages and my experience tells me why this would be so, but I hadn't read that the difference was this extreme.

Best Answer

No, NEVER! It reminds me of a kind of slavery. Like the parents think they own you. CREEEEPY to the max.

Best Answer

I think arranged marriage is horrible....but that's just me.

Best Answer

Not many are successful because of love, its obligation...NO I DON'T BELIEVE PEOPLE SHOULDN'T HAVE A CHOICE.. EVERT ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHOOSE WHO THE WISH TO COMMIT TO..

Best Answer

is it the arrangemen that makes them work, or the difference in herritage

Best Answer

The forced kind where you have no choice in the mattre whatsoever.. and 20 years down teh road maybe be able to converse with the person? Sounds dicey to me

Best Answer