maskus maskus 18-21, M 29 Answers Aug 23, 2012 in Politics

Yes. Although, I believe in an eye for an eye. Crime committed is what they should be subjected to. Just a thought, though.

Best Answer

Yes I do, but I don't believe in the system

Best Answer

And that makes sense how?

Best Answer

I like the idea of the death penalty, but the system is flawed and so it can never be used properly

Best Answer

Absolutely. Eye for an eye. As long as there is indisputable evidence.

Best Answer

No. We just can't trust governments with the power to kill their own people and wield it faily.There is a certain racial demographic that makes up 11% of Americans, 30% of the prison population, and 40% of the people on death row. Something's up. 1 in 120 executed Americans are posthumously exonerated. Not exactly Six Sigma Quality, and it's a matter of life and death. <br />
There is no deterrent effect. It does not stop insane people from doing insane things, James Holmes notwithstanding. Note that CO has the death penalty.<br />
I would argue that life without parole is a better punishment. They stay in jail until they die. Same result without the hypocrisy. Lifers have said the sense of eternity makes it more punishing anyway. <br />
A lot of rightwingers get all "MAH TAXDOLLARS!!" about caring for prisoners. And to them I remind them that after all the court costs and legal fees and procedures that slow down our legal system, capital punishment actually costs more than a lifetime of prison. Who's the fiscal conservative now?

Best Answer

sorry man i can't help myself.....<br />
ITS JOHNNY BRAVO... :)<br />
yes and yes on your Q

Best Answer

Thanks again for that ;)

Best Answer

Never,let them rot in jail for LIFE and repent for their crimes without any comforts.

Best Answer

Nope. It's a barbaric punishment unfit for a so-called "civilized" society. But as usual, the U.S. is behind the curve. Maybe next century.

Best Answer

Only if we are using it to help reduce the population of stupid people.

Best Answer

YES, for certain heinous crimes, like mass murder or genocide.

Best Answer

No. I will not be part of state sponsored Murder. You will change your mind if it was your family, don't hold water. Google Eve Carson. She was the 20 year old student president of UNC Chapel Hill. She was kidnapped, made to withdraw her money from the ATM, then shot. Her parents didn't want the death penalty persued in the Murder of their daughter, because they opposed the death penalty. It also seems the that the state with the most religious zealots, yell the loudest for the death penalty. I always though Jesus tought compassion for your tormentors, turn the other cheek and here is the big one LOVE not HATE. Seems mighty <br />
unchristian to me. It has also been Proven that the death penalty is a deturent. The death penalty case will cost up to 100% more to try and convict because of all the appeals that happen after conviction. The US is the only western country that still uses the death penalty. How many innocents has Texas put to Death?

Best Answer

Should say not a deterrent! !!

Best Answer

Absolutely not. There are many miscarriages of justice, it can happen to anyone, you and me.

Best Answer

I sure do! people that kill others sure. People that molest children SURE. People that rape HELL YEA.

Best Answer

I choose not to believe in it since I'd like to believe that humanity should be more civilized but knowing some humans never change and some are just not even human anymore. So sometimes it is necessary. Though I prefer for it to be used for serious cases...And especially those with alot of evidence...Because if the evidence is wrong ans the person that was executed was not actually the one who did the crime then there's no way of getting that life back. And the government should NOT make that mistake often. I find it kind of disgusting of the government to try to shrug it off and say it was for justice but then again what justice has been done killing the wrong criminal, leaving probably a lot of loved ones in sorrow. Then again what does the government care? They only what to dispose of most of us anyway so I'm not surprised that they created Capital Punishment. I just hope this isn't some type of conspiracy to convict innocent people and then kill them and then blame it on justice saying they did it because of justice. Sigh. There is alot of things happening right under our noses and we are all here being manipulated by the media, the government and even some of society itself. Alot of the time whatever the goverment says becomes truth even if the evidence is non existent. Why is that? Because of the media. The Media controls the people, The Government controls the media, Do you really believe nothing controls the goverment? That the goverment is the top of the list of control in every country? Well, I'll let you all know now. That they aren't. There is something alot more malicious controlling the strings of the goverment. Something unknown, kept secrete and hidden well from the media so that us blind people will continue to be lead on in the dark. I just hope soon whatever hides behind the goverment controlling it will be exposed.

Best Answer

I used to be against death penalty, but when you start experiencing the situation that my country is going through right now, with the war against the drug cartels here in Mexico, then you start believing that death penalty is the correct decision, since pretty much all of the bad guys that the army arrests are set free later on by the same people who guard the jails. Our system is pretty messed up here and I prefer that criminals who kill and rape innocent people must died instead of being set free later on.

Best Answer

No. I fail to see how murder is immoral but murdering a murderer isn't.<br />
I'm not theological scholar but don't three major religions all have the same ten basic commandments? There's one on there you may have heard of. "Thou shalt not kill" it doesn't say "Thou shalt only kill evil doers" it says thou shalt not kill. Though I dunno why I'm bringing this up, there's more murder, violence, and death in thename of the Abrahamic God than anything. Plus the bible contradicts itself as soon as Solomon comes into the picture.

Best Answer

"Thou shalt not kill"
In actuality the correct translation is 'Thou shall murder not.'

Best Answer

which translation, aramaic, hebrew, greek, latin, english, king james? Take your pick, but it's always been taught as thou shalt not kill, ask anyone what the ten commandments are after struggling they'll come up with Don't kill and don't steal. I also like how people pick which translation is best for the moment, I really doubt you use the hebrew bible translation in church.

Best Answer

"A wise king winnows the wicked, and threshes them under the cartwheel."
Yeah, the Bible sucks.

Best Answer

Not all of it sucks, it just reminds me way too much of someone building a religion off of aseop's fables.

Best Answer

absolutely. Anyone who maliciously kills another human being deserves the same fate.

Best Answer

Not sure.... I bet if someone hurt my child I'd say yes.

Best Answer

You bet. Paedophiles first up.

Best Answer

i saw on tha news how a 14 yr old black boy was killed in electric chair in 1944 in South Carolina just cause they got him to confess to it...i think people that kill other ppl shouldnt be allowed to live but i hate to see anyone die also...but i understand that not everyone can be changed.

Best Answer