AliceDeanMonroe AliceDeanMonroe 31-35, F 8 Answers Nov 12, 2013 in Personality Disorder

I believe it's a real condition. I don't know anyone who's been diagnosed with it, however.

Best Answer

I don't know. I have dissociative disorder, and I know my mind can play tricks on me. I can't imagine developing entirely new personas where I'm not clearly aware I am still in existence. I do feel that detachment, like I'm working the controls from another room, viewing through a camera in my eyes. I also know the shrinks can convince you that you have all kinds of things.

Best Answer

Yes, i guess only a person who suffers from it knows what it is like. But do you have alters and so, and then you don't remember what happened? Or is it like you said, that it's like you're controling yourself remotely, but are aware of everything?

Best Answer

No I don't have DID, just a dissociative disorder. I'm aware of what's happening, I just feel detached from my body and sometimes I question reality itself. No alters, I'm always aware and don't think I'm a different person.

Best Answer

Oh, i see. I don't thik i have a dissociative disorder, but sometimes i feel things that are hard to believe, or things i think i would never feel if i was mentally stable. Well, but that must be something else, not a dissociative disorder

Best Answer

It could honestly be anything. It could even be normal thought processes. The world is a pretty crazy place to have to function in!

Best Answer

Absolutely! I don't even know how people live so long... How i got to thirty, i'll never know!

Best Answer

I'm not sure that I like any of the labels that they delight in slapping on people's problems now. Often seems like an excuse for 'I don't really know' to me ...

Best Answer

I guess you're right. Some are real conditions and some are excuses, yes

Best Answer

well living with it kinda sucks. Losing time not knowing what your doing, having to be mindful of triggers and keeping stress low. Its worse with the haters and none believers that accuse us of not being real. So if you ever meet someone with DID and you witness or meet their alters accept it don't question it until you no you have the host back as alters get real annoyed being question if their real :). So yes we believe in it and yes its very real :)

Best Answer

Yes, i understand that. I don't think i have DID, but i have the urge of keeping stress low too, in order not to harm anyone or so.
Well, yes, i'll respect anyone i meet with DID, thatnk you :)

Best Answer

Yes why?

Best Answer

I was just wondering, because some people don't believe in disorders they cannot see. It's like if you have a broken leg or so, people are all supportive, but if you're diagnosed DID or deppresion, people think you're just lazy

Best Answer

Some people are just ignorant. I have family members who can't accept that I have a mental illness. They prefer to look at me like I'm just weak and lazy. And these are educated people! Then again they also act like my daughter doesn't really have autism.

Best Answer

Yes, people are just ignorant... It's so easy to judge others when you're clueless their experiences, right? Do they think we want to be depressed or schizophrenic or whatever? What about when people say: "It's all in your head"?. Yeah, where else would it be, in our lungs or blatter? -.- "It's all up to you". Right, thanks, dudes, that's all the information i needed, it's like a button that i click in my head and i'm saved!
Anyway, thank you for sharing :)

Best Answer

Do they look at you with their heads co*ked to one side? and so the stigma attached to the mental health that people who have it are weak and lazy also affects the family members who are worried about how this will reflect on their image of themselves. How can the actual battle to overcome the mental health be won with all this BS in the way?

Best Answer

Yeah, i don't know... Also, not even my family understands me or gives credit to what i feel, and they might be the first ones judging me. Anyway, people are dumb...

Best Answer

Oh I understand what you are saying all too well. I do believe this is the reason for all the cutting these days. To get the pain visible as well as for a release. Message me.

Best Answer

Yes, i've heard physical pain can help people to cope with emotional pain. It's something that our brain releases and makes us feel better somehow, i guess...

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer