I realize this is going to be a very controversial question, but I am really curious as to what people think. For me, I believe in full equality.
onevintageheart onevintageheart 18-21, F 18 Answers May 17, 2012

No. I believe in rights. Period.<br />
What was that quote? I don't gay park my car? I just park it?

Best Answer

Agreed. :) That's how I see it too. Just wanted to explain it so people understood.

Best Answer

I'm in agreement! when it comes to rights we need to stop with the adjectives. our rights are our rights, they can only be taken away from us. Rights aren't specific to being gay, but rights have been removed from people because they are gay. Basically, if there is no law that says you can't you can. If their is a law that says gay people can not marry, it is unconstitutional lets start there and deal with any other law that is unconstitutional before we start making new ones.

Best Answer

I believe that our rights to life liberty and pursuit of happiness includes gay people. I believe that marriage is a religious ceremony, I believe that 1 male and 1 female couples should only legally required to have a civil union, and a marriage if they are religious, I believe our laws are antiquated when it comes to recognition of the needs and wants of people. I believe that government needs to have specific reasons for making laws and those reason must past the life liberty and pursuit of happiness test.<br />
We are in a screwed up time and place over this matter, because people can't think past their own values when it comes to the lives of others. I also believe that those that use the "can't be with my partner if we aren't married in matters of hospital care, are wrong, I have yet to be denied entrance or decision when it comes to matters involving the health and care of my domestic partner.<br />
Change the wording in the legal system from marriage to union, and you solve the problem. Also I believe the federal DOMA legislation is over reaching and unconstitutional. Not because it wants to define marriage (which is a political move to reach out to those who have a right to their religion). I'm a states right person, States have the right to make laws that police the life and lifestyle of the citizens of that state, not the federal government. The feds only responsibility is to prove or disprove the constitutionality of that law/act.<br />
We are loosing a sense of what is correct, because we are constantly leaning into a world that gives national or federal government more central power then it is supposed to have.

Best Answer

Yes. As would anyone who is not a sexist bigot. or religeous fanatic. (usually the same thing)

Best Answer

Yes I do . its going to happen because its only right

Best Answer

never had to think about it, yes. But im not a bible thumper, thats probably why. I seem to remember a certain other people not being recognized by the bible....

Best Answer

I don't care what people do it's their business not mine..

Best Answer

Yes that shouldn't be an issue I believe, why are so damn focused on trying to control who people love when america is already ****** up as is, we have bigger issues to deal with geez

Best Answer

To each their own, what gives me the right to say either way?

Best Answer

Yes. <br />
Why not?

Best Answer

Yes, and I'm gay :-))

Best Answer

Yes - and BTW I am hetrosexual.

Best Answer

Awesome. :) I'm bisexual.

Best Answer

My attitude may reflect the fact that before I retired I was in Nursing and knew quite a few gay people - patients and also staff ; to me they were just people. Must admit that if you'd asked me the question before I wnet into nursing in 1973 my answer would have been very different.

Best Answer

I support gay marriage and I vote. I support equal rights for all people. I support legislation that seeks to provide equal rights to those citizens who are discriminated against in whatever form it takes (adoption, wages, employment ...) Most of all what I would like is one law that applies equally to all, in a society that celebrates the value of our difference.

Best Answer

Differences, value of our differences.

Best Answer

Sense the early onset of menopause on my loving dearest, I've become mono sexual. ;p

Best Answer

Not in marriage, but if they want to live together and do what they want to do ok.<br />
But for 2 men or 2 women to "marry" that is making a mockery of marriage. A marriage is beween a man and a woman as a family basis for having a family or just for being together as partners. As for rights for gays to work in jobs and be accepted yes that is ok as long as they don't exhibit themselves and do thngs that are embarrassing to the public such as holding hands an kissing passionately on the street. I think even when a man and a woman kiss passionately on the street is also not good. There are some things which are better kept for inside or at home in private.

Best Answer

1 in 2 marriages in the USA and 1 in 3 in the UK end in divorce. Marriage is already a mockery, why not widen the club and let some other people give it a go?

Best Answer

Lol imo the construction of 'marriage' is a mockery of human emotion.

Best Answer

No.....(not a hater) just no.............

Best Answer

I like to consider myself a devout Christian and I believe that gays should have all the same rights as straight people (civil rights shouldn't even be an issue today) and should be allowed to be civilly united by the government. I think that marriage is more of a religious term and if a religion chooses to not let gays be married then so be it. But the government should be able to unite them for the rest of their lives and give them the same rights as married couples. Same thing, different words. That way everybody's satisfied with the outcome. Now let's accept gays for who they are and get on with life! Who's with me!?

Best Answer