I just heard this quote "God is nothing more than a construct created by man to promote fear and keep order." So i Ask you why do YOU Believe Or why Do YOU not believe in god....Could it all just be one big long popular unchecked tale?,Something we chose to believe in cause we don't have answers,Or maybe he/she/it is "real".Think about it...if you were born all your life...and told something is real or a certain way you would swear it's so when your older...see where i'm going? Could the bible just be a book of tales? I can always see the appeal of thinking there is an amazing after life...when you think about how long you will be underground...and who knows what happens after your heart stops. Anyway give your reasons for believing or not believing please. (and rate this up so more people will comment)
JnRxRockz JnRxRockz 16-17 20 Answers Jan 30, 2011

I believe there is a higher power but I do not believe he was a man named God. How could a man just snap his fingers and create everything in this world? Who created him? And why is there an era in time called BC (before Christ)? There are some things in this world that we'll never understand and this is one. I believe that nature is God as are the forces of the world that control our paths through life. But I believe church is nothing but one big cult that people just start up to have something to believe in. Why would there be so many different religions if one God created us all? I truly hope there is an after life that we all go to and see our loved ones again but I'm really not sure it is in God's Kingdom. Sorry to offend anyone that's just how I feel.

Best Answer

i strongly believe in jesus..... he is the way....the truth and the life.........

Best Answer

I do believe because I've had alot of things that were not in my control but they happend because I needed to learn. I always go through life learning, and even though hey, if there was a time machine, maybe I could learn the lesson without having to experience it, but then I wouldn't be a stronger person without the lessons... And I had to find out for myself I guess but I for some miracoulous thing, have lived through alot of things that maybe others would say no more to.

Best Answer

Nov 12, 2012

Best Answer

I believe in God because I can FEEL God. When my body is suddenly light, when my mind is uplifted, when I feel the essence of creation and destruction, of love, of light, of all things flow through me, when that moment of time passes in which I am connected with all things, I know God exists. When I am at my lowest and I can feel a loving hand reach out to me to lift me up, I know God exists. God belongs to no religious denomination or faction. God has no solitary face or form. God is the all omnipresent force that permeates all being, which flows through every molecule, every quark in the Universe. It's God who created all things and God who holds it all together. We are God. Touch your own hand, feel a breeze, touch a quivering, living leaf on a tree, look into the eyes of a lover, stare into the night sky. How could you doubt the existence of God? Our existence is hardly a happy accident. To believe so is to leave far too much to chance. We are constructed of light and love, and to them we shall return. You don't have to believe in God, because God believes in you.

Best Answer

I believe in God. The Bible is the source of my information. The Bible covers all aspects of human questions, who am i, where am i going, what is the purpose of life, is anything beyond physical death, where did it all start, the character and attributes of God a clearly identifiable, God reaches out to man, man has a choice one way or the other to come to God on His terms or reject Him.

Best Answer

I most definately believe in God. Not only have I always had a connection, but I truly beieve that after having been blessed later in life with a daughter who had Down syndrome, that I have seen His face. I have felt His favour and grace. When we lost our daughter 11 months ago, I knew that He had given to us something much too precious for this earth. But for her short 19 months I have no doubt that He held my family close to Him while His most precious was shared by us on earth. I KNOW there is a God because since the loss of our most precious honor, He has held us close to Him and we have somehow survived.

Best Answer

I believe in God because I received a sign many years ago.

Best Answer

You ever think maybe it was just a coincidence?

Best Answer

yae i do believe in God why because thanks to God i am alive thanks to God i am where i am today i thank God for everything he has blessed me with and even the things he see fit for me not to have i accept it and thank him still God knows best for us all and we should be thankful for the very breath we brethe as to that isnt even ours its borrowed from God and when you open yours to see another day your first words should be thank you Lord for allowing me to see another day God is good all the time

Best Answer

But WHY do you believe? :~/

Best Answer

we believe because of faith, if you choose not to that's is what you think. I wont judge, but you are living with the wrong attitude JnRxRockzJnRxRock. We find strength when we pray or read our bible. I'm a christian and i am not ashamed of that. You can do whatever you want, but you can never change our own commitments or opinions.

Best Answer

Well, i'd say i do believe in God, God is the one who created us and i was created by my parents, so yes, GOD DOES EXIST!

Best Answer

If there is no god. I will make one for myself. That is all I can say.

Best Answer

I believe in a God, and also a Goddess, both of which are ex<x>pressions, manifestations, or interpretations of a greater cosmic unity, and both of whom are imminent in nature, eternal, and self-evident. The existence of life in this world does not make sense without them.<br />
REPLY: trained by whom? I was not raised into the religion I currently practice, and I spent many years as a skeptic (bordering on atheism) before coming to certain realizations. I did not say that I "feel" life has no meaning, nor anything similar. I said that the existence of life in this world does not make sense without them. By this statement, I mean that without some type of greater force connecting people, nature, and the universe, life could not exist. This statement has nothing to do with "meaningfulness" of life for any one individual. My deities are ex<x>pressions of the same force that expresses itself to Christians as Christ, to Muslims as Allah, to Hindus as Krishna, etc.

Best Answer

Maybe it doesn't make sense cause you have been trained to think that way cause without "Them" you would feel you life has no meaning...

Best Answer

I'm not a beliver. What I do believe in is what you said in your opening line as there isn't a government or ruler in the world that could control the people in a way that only a metaphysical figure can. If you believe in a reward after this life, of course you are going to treat other people in a way you think you desereve that reward. <br />
Where my disbelief started was way back in catechism (I was raised Catholic) and hearing about the soul in my body. I asked my catechism teacher (a high school student) where the soul was, and she gave me some explanation that went right over an eight year olds head. I asked my mom the same quesiton and she couldn't answer it either. It didn't make sense to me, if I had a soul, where was it, and why couldn't I see it. <br />
As the years went along and I learned about the other religions my friends belonged too, I couldn't understand the differences. Why did I have to confess my sins to a priest to avoid h*** of saying d*** on the playground when my best friend, who was a preacher's son, said far worse and he didn't have to fess up to anything on Sunday morning. To me it didn't seem fair that god was singling me out to be embarassed by telling secrets, while my friend got off scott free. That's when I started questioning a higher existence. <br />
There were many more instances along the line but probably the straw that broke the camels back was doing my Easter Duties was I come back and mom said she heard everything I said in the confessional. Right there at age 11 I decided, I'd had it with this stuff called religion and everything that goes with it. I thought if there was a god there would have been no way he would have allowed what I just said in what was suppose to be a private conversation. Nothing since then has changed my mind about this topic.<br />
As ironic as it is, I have to say though I'm glad that a vast majority of people do believe in a higher power as there would be even more chaos in the world than what currently exists.

Best Answer

I choose not to believe. I'm open to the possibility of the existence of some kind of god but I very much doubt any religion has got it correct. There is no good evidence to believe, so I also very much doubt that if a god did exist then he/she/it wouldn't punish me for my non-belief given how little evidence has been presented to me.<br />
I do however believe in some kind of metaphysical world, though what that consists of I'm not sure. I have felt things which I can't explain, and I think morality, love, etc could easily have come from somewhere outside of ourselves. This is merely my opinion on what I think's most likely, I'm happy to admit I can't back it up at all. Could just be an illusion.

Best Answer

I believe in God. I wasn't raised that way or anything. My mom sort of accidently killed my dad before I was born and my 16 years haven't exactly been easy. I never believed in God...there was just too many practically unspeakable things that happen in this world for there to be someone who was supposed to be all good and loving. When I was 13 I was going to kill myself. Seriously, I had the pills and all the letters and it was totally planned out. About 3 weeks before I was planning on doing it, my older sister got invited to a church by a friend and pretty much forced me to go with her. I can't explain it, but I felt something that day that kept me coming back. There have been a lot of bad things that have happened since the first time I went but God showed me He was real. I used to have seizures all the time and God healed me. That might sound weird but it is totally true. No doctors could figure out what was wrong, but God knew. He has done so many things for me. It's kinda sad to me now to see people that don't believe in God because I didn't for most of my life, but He has just done so much for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to act like I'm better than anyone or be "holier than thou" but I will talk about God any chance I get.

Best Answer

I always have. When I don't, it feels more like I'm angry with Him. It's like a fight with your parents when you feel like you're in the wrong, you just don't know why yet.

Best Answer

I don't know sometimes I do sometimes I don't it's easy to believe in something when everyone tells you it's a certain way...and I guess it's natural to feel weird when your thinking against it.

Best Answer

God is an *******

Best Answer

my view(feel free to comment on it ;) )<br />
plain and simple, god is an energy form, it keeps the universe going, but the primary problem here is, since we cannot detect the energy yet, using our technology, we believe this power does not exist but the truth is, just like the three dimensions of space, this universal power exist in another dimension, but, among us, few ppl have been lucky to tap into this power, thus giving them visions and thus helping them accomplish extra ordinary feats, we can learn to let this power flow through us, this power is ultimate, its also like a data bank, and ppl who have been lucky enough to tap into it make discoveries, the power is something you can experience for yourself and not so easy to share the experience so the fewer will be the people who believe in what i say, and to conclude, that is what i believe in, this power that i just spoke of, what about you??

Best Answer