Lushiro Lushiro 18-21, M 18 Answers Jan 30, 2013 in Hobbies

Let's see.....<br />
A starving african child prays for food. God ignores him.<br />
An American prayed to pass a test. He passed so obviously God granted his wish.<br />
Does africa just have crappy prayer reception or something? Also if prayer works why is Abortion legal? Why hasn't god killed all the queers? Why haven't Israel's enemies renounced violence and mohammed and converted? <br />
Because prayer doesn't work!

Best Answer

All in due time GnatFree all the horrific things must take place before the second coming fixes these situations but humanity itself has the power to solve all of these problems, we don't depend on God for everything that won't get anyone anywhere.

Best Answer

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus (341-270 BC)

Best Answer

He provided us free-will. He is not a hypocrite to abuse his powers and control people just because evil exists, it may be so but it's never tolerated.

Best Answer

Refreshing voice of reason, GnatFree. Don't you just love how believers always talk about how their god is all loving and can do anything, and then make excuses for him when he isn't and won't or can't.

Best Answer

I don't speak for God. You need to speak for yourself. What are YOU doing to stop starvation, murders and slavery?

Best Answer

If all you have done is pray about those things, then I have done a lot more than you have in the past year.

Best Answer

I'm glad you're trying to make a difference that's a step PEOPLE need to take.

Best Answer

I donate money every month to certain organizations like my local food bank, the catholic run soup kitchen, Planned parenthood, I also donate food tot he food bank when i can. So Lushiro, looks like I'm doing what i can to end hunger. How about you?

Best Answer

I'm going to begin a Christian revolution against slavery, murder, racism and the government poverty. This nonsense needs to end and obviously someone needs to take a step in the right direction to guide these people. But thank you both for your services.

Best Answer

Sorry to say this but the Catholics beat you to it about 500 years ago. And if your "all-powerful" god can't end murder what chance do we have?

Best Answer

All we can do is try something at this point...its all we have left is efforts and plans.

Best Answer

You can wait until you die for things that will never happen in the hopes of some mystery force saving you or you can go out and do it yourself.

Best Answer

You wasted your time coming on this question to post your self-loathing disgust.

Best Answer

You did the exact same thing replying to my answer to you. Though of course i understand if you dont like hearing other opinions that dont agree wiht your own, it must be very hard for you in trying to stay deluded that there is a man up in the sky who cares about you.

Best Answer

No it must be very hard for you to have any faith or even a sense of open-minded belief. You poor miserable soul, been abandoned, abused, kicked to the curb yet cling to dear life. I hope you find peace in your venture.

Best Answer

No. Things come regardless if you pray for them or not.

Best Answer

i do and patience for God is bout all i have it for!

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

I believe in the law of attraction. As heirs to His throne we do not have to "ask" for anything. Our relationship to the universe is not that of a beggar who in response to an appeal may or may not receive a beggars pittance. Our relationship to creation is one of a child to a loving parent who reserves the right to demand and receive whatever his heart desires.<br />
But yes, it takes patience and focus and we must be willing to become the change we want to see take place in the world.

Best Answer

Be it spiritual or not. I don't rely solely on the power of prayer, I rely on my own tenacity in making that prayer as much as a reality as possible.

Best Answer

I believe in the power of prayer , I feel God answers our prayers sometimes not in the way we expect. You just have to have faith

Best Answer

So do trains, but they actually exist.

Best Answer

God exists as well.

Best Answer

Prove it.

Best Answer

Read my story called Alopecia Universalis on my profile.

Best Answer

Lushiro so does ketchup. I will stop with only that.

Best Answer

Give it a rest.

Best Answer