electrocal electrocal 18-21, M 11 Answers Jul 2, 2012

I am Catholic, so technically I guess I do, but in practical terms, I do not really think religion is meant to be taken literally. I think there is great truths to be found, but the soap operas written around them are just there to help us humans relate.

Best Answer

I'm confused. So you Do, but you don't?

Best Answer

Talk to my lawyer.

Best Answer

But he is jewish.

Best Answer

That's actually a pretty nuanced opinion and kind of goes with what a lot of high-ranking clergy say. It's not about whether or not the holy spirit is real, it's about the peace of mind and love that people get from the church. I'm an atheist, but I -get- that kind of thinking. The Bible isn't literal, it's a tool you use to find peace - when used properly.

Best Answer

Okay I see where your coming from. So why do you not want to be a part of something that promotes peace?

Best Answer

Thanks. Religion just adds structure to what I believe exists behind the scenes. Whether it is a god or just mathematics or physics, there is something that binds everything together, and I think being a good and decent person works for all three.

Best Answer

the yogic view is of the reality experienced -- 1. that beyond creation which creates and sustains -- 2. that all-knowing consciousness, which many call Christ Consciousness, through which the creator does the work -- 3. the energetic universe through which the creator, with Christ consciousness, works. Yogis of my acqaintance have no problem in relating to these three, respectively, as the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

Best Answer

Yes I do. The Holy Spirit is an intercessory between Jesus and I (He also lives in my heart, and rules it when I turn my will over to Him). Jesus interceded for my sin on the cross, and also intercedes for me with His Father- God in heaven. We cannot fully understand the Holy Trinity, as we are not intellectually capable of doing so. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit can be one, but can also be seen separately. I don't completely understand it myself, but I believei it That is what Faith is about.

Best Answer

No I don't - It doesn't make sense to me and I see it is a contradictory term or belief.

Best Answer

Yes, I do. I believe it because Jesus Christ revealed it (Matthew 28:19) and His words are Truth.

Best Answer

No. I have freed myself of the tyranny of number free. Four is nice too.

Best Answer

Yes. I'm in love with her.

Best Answer

No. No explanation necessary for not believing something.

Best Answer