johnny048 johnny048 46-50, M 16 Answers Jun 2 in Politics

I believe that may be true. Certainly in countries known for harsh punishment against those speaking their minds. I'm afraid that at least here in America, it's more a problem of not having moral convictions, a moral compass. People can get away with too much these days in an anonymous society. They'd rather offer you 6 different excuses for not doing something or doing it wrong rather than simply say, "It's my responsibility." And if we can't take personal responsibility, how can we even begin to enforce it in others?

Best Answer

Say thanks to "moral relativism" for that.

Best Answer

Oh, most definitely. We live in a society that berates ANYONE for having a ******* opinion (assuming it's an opinion they don't want you to have). It's George Orwell's "1984" coming to fruition...

Best Answer

It is Barrack Obamas "2014."

Best Answer

I think today more and more people are breaking old traditional thinking and views and are more accepting than they used to be but there will always be those who refuse to accept change and can't think for themselves.

Best Answer

Yes way to many

Best Answer

I should very much hope so!

Best Answer

I believe there are people in this world who take a stand for what they believe in, but there are other people who are clueless and just go along with the crowd because it is popular and seen as conforming to the norm. I also think people come t his close to realizing their dreams or convictions, but turn away at the last second because they stop believing it is possible.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Sheeze. Not in the men in my family. Moral convictions are fine, but intellectual rigidity is just plain stubborn

Best Answer

many people fear being called a racist, bigot. Or the popular out of touch. You are part of the movement or group, or attacked for being an idiot. So most stay uninformed and looking to others for opinion.

Best Answer

As sheepel.

Best Answer

More so today, because it's almost anything goes now.

Best Answer

Always, not just today. There are always a lot of people afraid to stand out, and a few who do it anyway.

Best Answer

And suffer the back lash.

Best Answer

Well yes, they are usually murdered.

Best Answer

Or rather, "assassinated." Which is murder with a fancy name.

Best Answer

MOST people are afraid to take any stand as they are worried their " so called friends" will be offended

Best Answer