I believe that unconditional love is worthless. I want someone to love me for my virtues, as they have taken effort to craft. Out of this love, they forgive me, accept me, and adore me for my flaws. If they just love me regardless of who i was, that feels pretty cheap. In return, if i fall in love with someone, it will be because i value their strengths above their flaws. This doesn't mean that they must have more strength than flaws. Simply that their strengths are the ones that matter most to me.
Unit227 Unit227 22-25 25 Answers Oct 11, 2012 in Romance & True Love

Yes,I do believe in unconditional love.....when "God" can love me for who I'am. God" said man can't give that type of love,this is why you need "God" and then you will know that unconditional "Love".

Best Answer

Yes, but with some stipulations, provisions and qualifiers ;-)

Best Answer

I keep wanting to disagree with you... but I cant' find anything to disagree with with anything you wrote... nice job expressing you. I like what you said, and I'm silent.

Best Answer

Sweet dreams are made of this !

Best Answer

Doesn't it mean that you don't have to keep 'earning' it? <br />
That once you are loved for your merits, and you maintain that pace, then you can rely on the love carrying on. <br />
I subscribe to that.

Best Answer

I believe I love a person with flaws until the flaws deteriorates our love. So, I would agree that UL has limits as long as we are sane humans

Best Answer

Yes, love can be unconditional to a point after all we are human. Loving someone, good and bad is difficult to do all the time.

Best Answer

Of course. A parent gives it to their child. Most children give it to their parent but let it slip.<br />
A football supporter gives it to the team they folow regardless if result.

Best Answer

No , Everything comes with a heavy price.

Best Answer

Yes.. I love unconditional my cat :P..does that count? :)..even if it's an animal..it's a soul :).

Best Answer

Unconditional love, ( forgetting about theological arguments for the moment) almost by definition cannot exist. I could say, "I unconditional love my daughter" meaning I would forgive her of any and everything she could possibly say or do, but a precondition already exists whether real or imagined (I see her as my daughter). Language (and thought) is constrictive in many ways and is not an exact "picture of the world." And we can almost always add on a "so to speak" caveat to everything we say.

Best Answer

yes but usually that's from God , people are another story and since were in contact with people most of the time its way harder to express unconditional love to them or for them , we tend to love some more and others less or not to love at times , but when you lack love or have very little its a welcoming thing to have , and yes in human terms we generally need a reason to love someone , bit i think love in both senses is valuable whether you have a reason for it or not , just to love .<br />
Like caring , people say they don't care about what others think but i'm pretty sure they actually do but hide that fact to protect themselves from being hurt at times (feelings) and love is a feeling also

Best Answer

Have you ever looked at your partner and said I love you no matter who else you sleep with? Probably not.

Best Answer

Yes i Believe in Unconditional love.....Yeah fell for someone's virtues but afterwards i realised that its not about what she is....its about what I am wen i'm with her...

Best Answer

Under what conditions?

Best Answer

Every parent does, or should, feel absolute unconditional love for their child. So, yes I believe that there is such a thing as unconditional love. As for having it for someone, other than one you made, it needs to be earned.

Best Answer

Yes!

Best Answer

I do not put conditions on my LOVE, but that doesn't mean that I will accept all kinds of bad behaviour. All my children know that there is a line they cannot cross. My love won't stop, but my acceptance will.

Best Answer