Most yes because they don't care to change. But the ones who truly want to change can but I think they need counselling and anger management to assist them. I don't think they can stop without professional help

Best Answer

so would you stay if they are seeking professional help...and what if at the beginning of them seeking it they hit you

Best Answer

I think that people who become physically abusive in their relationships can often learn to stop being abusive, but I don't think it normally is without help from a professional.<br />
They need a professional who holds them accountable for their behaviors and helps them learn ways to be to deal with their anger and frustrations without resorting to violence or other forms of intimidation...and it requires a commitment to never hurt someone again because of your problems dealing with life

Best Answer

very well said and very true. wish most could change before it's too late.

Best Answer

Not necessarily. God can change people if they come to Him.

Best Answer

I believe that most people are capable of changing. I also believe that once an abuser, must stay in anger management/ therapy for the rest of their lives.

Best Answer

Yes, that is generally true. People have strong habits and are not likely to change. Such behavior can be addictive, whether you refer to physical and/or mental abuse of spouses or substance abuse. Very few if any abusers really want to change. They will often make rash promises about changing, but they have no intention of keeping their word.

Best Answer

As in the words of Metallica, Sad but True.

Best Answer

I think it depends on the person and their willingness to admit they need, and to get, help. <br />
People are abusive for a lot of different reasons. I know that my abuser was extremely narcissistic, could never admit she had a problem, that anything was her fault. Everyone around her was to blame for everything she ever did. Even when she hit me until her fists turned black and blue (she broke blood vessels in her own hands), she held them out in front of me and said "Look what you've done to me."<br />
I don't think there is ever a clear cut answer to a question like this. Some abusers have chemical imbalances that can be corrected with medication; some have emotional issues that if dealt with can be controlled. <br />
I do think that if someone is being abusive, you need to distance yourself from them until they do seek treatment, even during treatment, because they are likely dealing with triggering issues that could result in relapses.

Best Answer

Most certainly not.

Best Answer

NOT ALWAYS

Best Answer

ya. i think so.

Best Answer

Yup. Never known it to be otherwise.

Best Answer

One slap does not an abuser make. Do it again, it'll never stop.

Best Answer

often

Best Answer

not neccessarily, but often yes

Best Answer

I had to make the decision too. My parents helped in the aftermath. I kept the abuse silent until I had the courage to leave. In many cases, I believe the parents help pick up the pieces. <br />
I am conducting research to explore the help provided by parents when faced with their adult child's experience with domestic violence. <br />
If you are interested, please encourage your parents to take a 20 minute survey at http://www.takesurveynow.2truth.com

Best Answer

No they never change.They are always agressive one broke my tooth.Stay away from agressive people.

Best Answer