foldedunfolding foldedunfolding 31-35, F 13 Answers Jun 7 in Health

I'm not sure of the consequences or unintended consequences but for me it will more than likely reduce my buying power as my income is pretty much stabilized (or as they say, fixed) in retirement. Although the government has a role in a societies affairs sometimes I think they exercise to much power over people, businesses, and the like ... And exercise that power not for the sake of the people, say in this case, low income earners (which I was one for many years) but for maintains their often corrupt own power.

Best Answer

there was something so creepy about obama making one of his speeches i saw with biden nodding behind him. i read an article from a versed economist who said this could destroy us. i do not trust obama's motives one bit.

Best Answer

Well, generally laws such as a mandated Federal minimum wage increase help one group (not necessarily the poor) and hurt another (not necessarily the rich) and it is hard to measure whether it is "good" or not ... If it is raised the economy will adjust and there are certainly, in general terms, bigger problems for our society as a whole.

Best Answer

i don't profess to be knowledgeable on such large subjects. i don't believe ANYONE knows all the effects before they occur, and anyone who says they do is a charlatan.

Best Answer

Depends on the % increase and how much corps are willing to take the hit. ( I hate it when every one takes the hit except for higher ups)

Best Answer

That's exactly right, lone. For it to work, you raise the bottom and subtract from the top. But that isn't how America functions. Greed rules.

Best Answer

exactlyyy. it won't come from the right people :-/

Best Answer

It might, remember the recession. There was a law on how much higher ups can take home ( as shares, cash etc). I am not against making lots as tops. They worked hard for it but they should be also accountable.

Use the tax brackets. It's achievable so long as people circle decide to do it.

Best Answer

no, i definitely agree that we need to reward hard work for the rich. i'm not someone who thinks that mcd employees deserve 15 an hour. i'm sorry, but you can't even get the number of ketchup packets i want correct....but the rich just need to be LESS rich than they are.

Best Answer

Do you mean more accountable ?
Did you know when a corp says LOSE in accounting they mean they didn't make expected money but made money :) .
I wish that higher ups take that lose, it's a good way to save jobs at bottom and spread it evenly.

Whey should they only +performance bonus. They should also get -ve bonus for not making money.

Best Answer

at this point.. it is not going to matter... we get more money .. wages go up.. prices for things go up... It Is useless... endless.

Best Answer

sadly, i kinda feel the same way. i'm trying to buy all my furniture and cars and everything EARLY so that when everything goes to ****, i won't have to buy/pay almost anything but food, utilities, and taxes.

Best Answer

The more your wages are higher, the more someone else will be richer. Lower the all essentials price including whites goods. Cut tax rate. Then you will not need higher wages too.

Best Answer

I believe that increasing the minimum wage will help all of us, that it will enable people to enjoy a safer, less stressful, and ultimately more productive and sharing existence. The extra money will not be wasted; they will spend it to upgrade their circumstances and it will flow directly back into the economy. Win-win.

Best Answer

Social and economic history of Australia from 1890s onwards shows: 1. The wealthy were happy for the poor to be paid poverty rates and for their children to have no opportunities. 2. The trade union movement and left wing politics were the forces that changed it, including minimum wage and decent conditions. It was not just 'given' by generous employers. 3. This contributed greatly to the prosperity of Australia (currently #2 on the Human Development Index) because many of the children of the poor eventually had equal access to affordable and decent education and contribute to society more than sweat. 4. Our right wing government is undermining this. <br />
Minimum wage increase is complex but just.

Best Answer

No difference

Best Answer

a minimum wage increase will ultimately help us, because the cost of everything else has risen so much, people need to be able to afford to live.

Best Answer

but this will also raise the cost of everything else.

Best Answer

there is such a big gap between the haves and the haves not i don't know how it could hurt

Best Answer

The 'Minimum wage' incentive needs to be abolished, full stop.<br />
So does this whole backward 'system' of 'earning what you are worth' mentality, if we ever hold any hopes of 'evolving' as a 'human' race...<br />
x kvc x

Best Answer

implemented properly it will help... an ecconomy will always have inflation, but it's needs to be "controlled" and "slow paced."

Best Answer