A friend of mine has been telling the kids she babysits that this is how gays/lesbians are. Do you think she is right or wrong? (I have gay friends and have their opinion of this situation already, as well as my own *informed* opinion)
angeldancer angeldancer 22-25, F 28 Answers Jun 7, 2012

No. If you feel you are trapped in the wrong body, than you have gender identity disorder (my opinion is the disorder is the body being wrong, not the mind or soul). If you are gay, you are in the correct body, and just attracted to people of the same gender/sex (depends I suppose).

Best Answer

She is absolutely wrong. I wouldn't be a woman if you paid me. I'm simply biologically programmed to be attracted to men.

Best Answer

damn thats really stupid let me guess shes a southern baptist damn i wish those folks would learn to read and then maybe do even five minutes of research into any topic

Best Answer

Who you want to go to bed WITH is your sexual orientation.<br />
Who you want to go to bed AS is your gender identity.<br />
I think she's got craniorectal insertion.<br />
That tends to be chronic and mostly incurable.

Best Answer

Craniorectal insertion: I love it and will use it tomorrow in class. HA!

Best Answer

:-))

Best Answer

I have always considered "gay" as being sexually attracted to someone of the same gender, and exclusively the same gender. Whether someone actually wants to be the opposite gender, is effeminate or masculine...those are superfluous to the definition. At least that's my understanding of it.

Best Answer

She is incorrect in most instances. Being homosexual in any manner does not mean you want to be the other sex, it just means you are attracted to your own sex. Desiring to be the other sex is referred to as transgender.

Best Answer

No, that is something else entirely. If you are gay, you are just attracted to the same sex; you don't necessarily want to be the opposite sex. Here's a useful chart: http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/1600-Genderbread-Person.jpg

Best Answer

hahaha "genderbread"

Best Answer

Haha, I know, clever, ain't it?

Best Answer

I wouldn't think that is correct. I'm not gay but I'm pretty sure there's a difference between gay and being transgender.

Best Answer

That's totally false. A gay person is just attracted to men. A lesbian is attracted to women. When I went to school there was a football pla<x>yer who was rough, rowdy haha and loved to have a beer and hang out with this 'mates'. But he was gay. It really does matter on the person. Some gay people feel like they have to 'fit in' with the girls thats why they dress and act like that, where as some others are just attracted to men.

Best Answer

No, your friend is feeding those children BS.

Best Answer

I know, right? Now I don't know how to tell her how ridiculous she's being and how uninformed without being completely rude and disrespectful (my friend is 12 years older than me)

Best Answer

Some gays probably mimic women, some gays possibly resent women having an additional hole, some gays don't like women at all, but my experience being bi is that if you have sex with a man, you have sex with a man, you like his body as a male body, and the bottom during sex does only feel like a woman because, of course, he's taken and ****** like a woman. Which doesn't mean that, beyond being ****** in the ***, he would like to be a woman.

Best Answer

I don't think there's any one answer to your question. Everybody is different. The only way to know how someone feels is to ask and even then there's no guarantee they'll give you a truthful answer.

Best Answer

Many people are confused by that, but it's incorrect. Gender identity and sexual orientation are two entirely different things.

Best Answer

no thats transgender or transexual. gay mean man love man or woman love woman, not feel like opposite sex.

Best Answer

No that's not correct but people have a hard time explaining things they don't understand so you could explain to her there are different words for that.

Best Answer

no, being gay does not mean that.. which gender you identify with is a separate issue from which gender you are attracted to..

Best Answer