Or any animals? Do you think that they can be trained for rehabilitation? Very curious about your thoughts.
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 22 Answers Jun 13, 2012

I think every effort should be made to rehabilitate them. Dogs do not raise themselves just as children don't. They have the ability to react to the same stimuli as people do and just as much right to react. <br />
And to people who have it out for pit bulls, could you even pick a pit bull out from a group of dogs? Most people cannot correctly identify a pit bull and this only adds to the bum rap they get.<br />
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

Best Answer

you tell em! i have it out for anyone that talks shlt on these loveable dogs, and i CAN identify one. although you're right most people cant.

Best Answer

Hear, hear!

Best Answer

Not unless the dog has rabies.<br />
Dogs who are aggressive are TAUGHT to be aggressive. Most dogs would rather die than attack someone they see as their dominant (which would be family members, even children). If the dog is mean, you can blame it's owner. Put a bullet in *his* head instead.

Best Answer

Nope. They don't usually harm humans, unless they're about to get threatened...Dogs are the only one race that can see through humans!

Best Answer

I can only speak for my dog, she is very gentle and loving toward us, our friends and family. However, I have no doubt that if an uninvited intruder came onto our property, then she would attack, and do some serious damage to them. In my mind, that is her job, she is part of the family, and defending her territory and "pack", so I believe in that situation, it should just be the intruders bad luck.

Best Answer

no, dogs are only as mean as their masters.....when it comes to bears or cougars I think it has to be decided on a case by case basis

Best Answer

I think it depends on the situations.In many cases adults bring the attacks on themselves and I don't think the dog should be put down in that case..The dogs don't go onto to attack over and over in these cases..In the case of unprovoked attacks I am not sure of the chances of successful rehabilitation..

Best Answer

There are very few true rogue dogs. Virtually every badly-behaved dog has been taught to be so.<br />
If a rogue dog shows up, there is unfortunately probably no way to train him out of his instincts.

Best Answer

NO!!!! I have given a home to several dogs who had bitten some idiot and who were destined for lethal injection. Every one of them just needed a safe home and some space to be left alone. They all lived long happy lives. Put down the people who have harmed the dogs.

Best Answer

Yes I do because a bunch of years back,I remember my mother got chased right into our house by a stray Rottweiler.Fortunately,she wasn't hurt.But we let local officials know what happened and to our surprise,there were a few others in the neighborhood that had been chased by the same one over the day!!!We heard that the dog was caught,but never did find out what happened to the dog or it's owner for that matter.<br />
It is unfortunate that dogs can be that way,but that is because of those who own them,so they should be accountable for their dogs also.But as for the dog itself,I'm sorry,but once it gets like that,I don't think there's anyway to "reprogram" them.That's just my thoughts and opinion on the topic.

Best Answer

within common sense. it depends on how much harm, and how much evidence there is.<br />
around here, they don't get a second chance if they harm the livestock, but they're allowed to maul children.<br />
if a dog is vicious, i think it should be put down and the owner should be arrested.

Best Answer

the owner should be put down and the dog should be given to a responsible owner.

Best Answer

Alot of places this is not clear cut.<br />
If you went into someones yard, say if you're delivering mail and you get bitten, the dog is on private property

Best Answer

I believe every case should be treated as fairly and kindly as possible,because it is us who make the monsters,and what some have suffered is beyond belief and a disgrace to humanity.I also think any humans found guilty of mistreating any animal should be dealt with far more severely than is the present situation.

Best Answer

We had to put down a beautiful standard poodle because he was such a menace to society. We were scared to death that he'd bite the face off of some child. He was gorgeous, and you'd never think that something that attractive could be so vicious (part of the shallow natureof people),but he was a holy terror around people besides my husband and myself.

Best Answer

Scared of a POODLE?
Sounds like someone didn't take the time to train the dog, or maybe it was abused at some point. Dogs aren't born aggressive. How sad for your little poodle. :(

Best Answer

abuse doesnt make aggressive dogs, it makes dogs that hide in the corner and plss on themselves.

Best Answer

I babied and pampered and trained that dog since he waas 6 weeks old. He just 'snapped' one day,and started lunging and snapping at people when I'd walk him. I remember the very first day that it happened, and I was shocked. I later discovered that standards are known for their viciousness... but I never would have believed it unless I saw it myself.

Best Answer

Yes... He was large for his breed.I read about a standard poodle that broke through a plate glass window, trying to get at some people who were looking at 'his' house that was for sale!

Best Answer

and everyone wants to talk shlt on pittbulls. a guy on my road has a big poodle and that s.o.b is mean as a rattlesnake.

Best Answer

Depends on the circumstances--was the animal attacked first, was it protecting someone, was it provoked? And unprovoked attack, I don't know what else you could do unless there was someplace the dog could be let run wild in a fenced reserve or something.

Best Answer

i have shot 2 for biting. both chows and neither one was mine.

Best Answer

No...dogs can be trained not to do certain things...

Best Answer