I guess people who made comments below never have their nails manicured or a pedicure. In the Boston area it is prevelant. I am baffled by the rude treatment in nail salons. I have many examples but they would fall on deaf ears. If you've seen the Seinfeld episode with Elaine in a nail salon, you'll get the idea.
Helper96 Helper96 46-50, F 17 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Community

How many Vietnamese people do you know? That has never been the case in my experience.<br />
I have a feeling you might have an "attitude" that would turn them off ...

Best Answer

Not true. I am kind to them and tip well if warrented. Their evil eye and badmouthing customers they're working with along with overcharging makes it difficult to like them, whether or not they're Vietnamese. It must be the area I live in.

Best Answer

Made me laugh.

Best Answer

Mr Devil. It's rare to see a man in a nail salon where I live. It's nice to know you take care of your nails well. What color is your favorite?

Best Answer

why you consider most vietnamese as mancurist<br />
what happen if i state most american ..... if some bus driver did something wrong, look like you can not control your emotion, this make you look ugly

Best Answer

I truly don't want to offend anyone or stereotype people of any country. Where I live this is often the case; Mostly Vietnamese manicurists here. I have yet had one that was not Vietnamese. In this situation in seems to be the case. I have been lied to about prices and I've been charged more. I've been obviously whispered about while being pointed at mostly after I ask if she would mind fixing a nail that has been painted not as I asked. I am just repeating my reality. It so happens where I live Vietnamese do manicures, and most are good at their jobs, however I must mention my experience. I was brought up by my mother who taught all of her 7 children that hate is wrong. When a story of hate against a religion or race she would sit all her children down to explain why hate is wrong and everyone is a human being and deserves respect. My mother took the time to teach her children well. You see, I am upset about this as well. But in my area it is what it is. I only wanted to get an idea from others who possibly live in another area and the people are nicer. I never want to insult anyone. I was trying to find reasons and possibly make my reality better. I am polite and I tip more than most, (I was a bartender for many years to put me through school or just to make a living). I have found my relations with so many people of any race or creed American's included as the most hurtful, because I believe I am around Americans of all kind most of the time, but for manicures I am polite, I tip more than most, I try my best to be friendly and kind, but I am treated terribly; as if I have a bulls eye on my forehead and I am always ducking arrows. I wrote this on EP because I believed it was a forum to let out things I cannot elsewhere without being judged too harshly. I never brought this up before, I guess I cannot get an honest answer without being attacked and this becomes a "red herring" to use this to blow off steam. I really don't have an answer. I am not a racist or hate others of other believes. As neighbors yes, the people I've met. Isn't it to say a similar response to say all Vietnamese make good neighbors, or any person for that matter. I've met jerks of many different cultures and I love chatting with peops about the differences in culture. My mother taught me well. I do not hate anyone. I was never taught hate in my family. I give up. Oh, by the way, I am Irish Catholic. I am not a drunk, prejudiced, or a loser and I do not paint the exterior of houses, but I have met a few Irish Catholic who are hateful, and prejudiced alcoholics and do not believe the Catholic church priests molested any children and there was no cover up. Well they are in denial. I know a few alter boys who were molested and block it out. They don't remember telling me while we were little.

Best Answer

yes, I understand your feeling, they consider you not a respected customer but a milked cow. I love the way your Mom educate her children
but forget about the uneasy experience, keep away from bad people to live happier, don't need to fix them , their karma
if you still feel not good, go to yelp.com and rate them as they deserved
anyway the title of the thread may lead to negative response even it is in question format
Do you believe that most Vietnamese people who live in the U.S are rude and dislike Americans immensley?
i wish you will have another honest and nice manicurist, when you have one, pick that guy or gal for you, don.t need to explore
like autoshop, doctor, dentist, i always stick with one that i trust
if u hate somebody, the hatred with you , you only balance your mind when you ignore it
i did the same thing when i failed in love

Best Answer

I see that you take the time to see both sides of what I am saying. If someone asked me if many Irish drink beer, I'd have to agree. My mom was Irish and did not drink. But, many Irish do. They don't get all twisted and defiant if said to the majority of them. Mom always told me every human being deserves respect, and she did let me know about the jealous haters.

Best Answer

You have the best answer. But, you have no BA to click on dien.

Best Answer

You make no sence whatsoever... Shes JUST sharing her experience and her PERSONAL OPINION... if you dont know what that means... Look it up. The thing is... I get your point of view... Just like ALL spanish people are cleaning people, all blacks like fried chicken and jews are good with money... BUT... if a person expresses their opinoins based on an experience... Then theres nothing that beats that. But if you are STILL skeptical... Research it online... Read into it and make your own opinion. Its always easier to talk and think within the box than to talk and think out of the box.

Best Answer

no but some people are like that in any race

Best Answer

I can see many here are painting a picture that is not true. I am not afraid to be truthful. I'd guess out of about 10 people who have made comments. Eight of you are trying to appear as do gooders. And know what I am saying.

Best Answer

I find any race to be like this either you are in the circle or the enemy but I see your point and agree with you

Best Answer

no, exactly the opposite

Best Answer

Hardly. I live amongst them.

Best Answer

Yes I do believe. I witnessed, and I personally encountered with them. Vietnamese people are shamelessly rude, men and women. Ran into a vehicle incident with this Vietnamese couple in the postal parking lot at Beaverton, Oregon and oh my gosh they are making verbal seem and almost got into physical violence. The short story: They parked their SUV so bad that the passenger wheels are on the parking space divider solid white line. I came alone and parked my car on the passenger side. I knew exactly that I didn't have much room to open my door so I opened carefully but when I let my hand off the door swing open a bit and hit their SUV. The SUV's wife saw it and screamed right there. The husband (the driver) came out and cussed, screamed, yelled, and demanded for my insurance. I then apologized and because they were yelling and screaming so loud, I casually mention how bad they parked. The husband went, "don't f...... give me attitude or I'll the cop." I said, "please do call the cop." The he back out. I gave him my driver's license and insurance card, the guy took picture of them and they left without giving me their information. I can't even stop them. This was personal incident but I saw a lot of Vietnamese people on the darker side.

Best Answer

Its weird how we choose the best answer as the answer we want to hear.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

If they are, it would seem normal to me. Much better than the false Christian mode of `love your enemies`

Best Answer

.. Really????? Wow... Ignorance is a gift
.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

Ive worked in several nail shops in FL and CA and sadly, ive never had a positive experience with them. Most just rip you off your paycheck and get defensive and angry when you confront them about it. Im not racist or a gossiper.. Im not rude. But it seems that when im nice and smile they retaliate with coldness and an attitude. It almost makes me feel like im not welcomed. Im being talked behind my back both in english and vietnamiese and when i speak up for myself i get shut out and dismissed. Im not saying that they are bad people... But there are many things that i dont understand. Im reading up on the culture.. Because i ask and im not even recognized. I do understand that the country and its people have gone through some tough times.. Like the vietnam war (which they call the "American War") and the massacres done by south korea and america. But they arent the only people that have suffered throughout the years. Native american indians have gone through worse and even rediculed by the american goverment through so many years... (Look up the Sand Creek massacre... Its very very sad) but they are still here... Alive and they are the nicest and most spiritual people that ive had the priviledge to have met. Again... Im not putting down vietnamiese people.. Im just sharing my opinion based on experiences of my own.

Best Answer

I find this tread very offensive. TireSoup4 can say most Vietnamese people own nail shops, in which they probably do around where she lives. But, to them they were raised in a time where the Vietnamese Culture had a time of War. This is a totally different culture. You can definitely use a different nail salon. I personally think TireSoup4 is superficial to even worry about something as small as her nails (which covers like .1% of their body).

Best Answer

Your opinions are blind. Dont speak the "truth" or your version of the truth until youve had your encou ter too.. It also dosent count if your vietnamiese.. Like i said.. Ive worked with vietnamise before and ive SEEN how they favoritize their people before others.

Best Answer

And the wars.... That was then. This is now... You and i have NOTHING to do with that... Thats LONG GONE. It DOESNT NOT give you a reason to be unjust and a thief to others just because your country has gone through some hard times. Come on... Grow up already.

Best Answer

Judgmental is labeling someone, Superficial I am not. I spoke of disrespectful treatment I experienced that happened to occur so often in these salons, I needed to make sense of this unnecessary cruelty. My nick name is Helper. I did not label myself. I was taught to follow the Golden Rule. I feel bad and sorry if I hurt someone of a different culture. I was asking not to judge, only because it bothered me to be treated poorly by the Vietnamese who own all the salons in my area. If they all had red hair; we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Best Answer

Oh I want to add; I never mentioned my nails. I spoke of rude, sneaky treatment aimed at me. I worry about the amount of apathy I encounter and how the world we live in is oblivious to how helping and treating others well is not important enough to even notice.

Best Answer