Like, do you see more couples who are both equally attractive, or do you see more couples where one is more attractive than the other?
SpiritOfTheRabbit SpiritOfTheRabbit 31-35, F 25 Answers Nov 22, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, if they both find each other attractive then it fits.

Best Answer

No, I find the girl is usually more attractive.....then you have that rare thingy where the guy outshines the girl; not often though.....But when they do, Wow.

Best Answer

i agree it does seem that the girl is more attractive ,in most circumstances

Best Answer

it seems nowadays i see ugly as guys with beautiful *** women and im like wtf

Best Answer

its the god honest truth and that truth got me the best answer hell yea im number 1 im number one

Best Answer

I think most people try to find their equals, or sometimes they do so subconsciously.

Best Answer

People probably usually look for equal attractiveness, but my ex-wife is MUCH better looking than me.

Best Answer

Without particularly intending to, I have made a bit of a hobby in observing this over the years. Its really very interesting. <br />
The first thing to say is that we will all have a different 'take' on level of attraction [prefernces in size, shape, colour, features etc] so the 'attractive' scale will be different for each person commenting on this. <br />
Taking my own perception of what is attractive [& I find judging men more difficult given I am one] I would give this very rough 'guesstimate' :<br />
60% couples of roughly 'equal' level of attractiveness<br />
30% woman considerably more attractive than man<br />
10% man considerably more attractive than woman <br />
Which suggests there are either more single 'better looking' [for want of a better desc<x>ription] men than women out there, or, 'better looking' men pass through periods of being single more often & for longer than women.<br />
No doubt others have a totally different view but a great question, thanks.

Best Answer

I see both. The main one i see a lot of are fit people with fit people. One or the other may not actually be good looking but they are both fit. You rarely see a fat person with a fit person.

Best Answer

You must not live in the south. lol. Lots of big girls with fit guys here and lots of cute little fit girls with big husky guys.

Best Answer

No I am in the north. I mean I see like a bigger man with a fit wife sometimes.

Best Answer

They should...

Best Answer

"Attractive" scale are we talking just personality, just physically ,or the whole package ?<br />
If one must gage just physical, then no, I do not believe people date equals on the so called "attractive" scale.<br />
If one was too look at the whole package then I would say people date people close to them on that scale .<br />
Just because some one looks "Good" does not mean that they are kind caring considerate and intelligent, not to mention intellectual, healthy, tidy, reliable, or dependable. I once dated a busty blond bomb shell and was totally miserable she was flaky, self centered, and a total slob, no to mention the concept of being with just one person was completely lost on her. Prior to that I dated a petite an muscular body builder/semi pro water poloist she was fit clean and caring and could bench press me any time but she was also not in any way intellectual or reliable and her temper was way more than I could handle we also had very little in common.<br />
There is so much more to attractive than looks, even though it IS looks that initially get your attention in most cases.

Best Answer

I think ultimately, yes. It's not often you see a good looking guy or girl with someone extremely less attractive than themselves, unless money factors in.

Best Answer

I don't "BELIEVE" it, I know it to be true.<br />
Not exclusively though. Sometimes people will break that mold, but to be honest, not usually.

Best Answer

No I used to date fat ugly men

Best Answer

I have a soft spot for men with extra vacuoles

Best Answer

People usually date people that have a momentary romantic or sexual connection with each other. If I were to date someone that was on the equal "attractive" scale as me then I'd have to date the guy in the mirror. 0_o

Best Answer

Think Lyle Lovett and Julia Roberts. Now explain that one to me.

Best Answer

I'd rather date someone who can keep a conservation going like a tennis match Back and forth, I know thats an ugly persons answer so kill me because i'm not a brad pitt of the world

Best Answer

yes, i think that's been pretty well established.

Best Answer

LOL no. Full believer in the 'settler and reacher' concept from how I met your mother.

Best Answer

Whats it like down there ?

Best Answer

I think fascination of many kinds (Sometimes richness, sometimes status, sometimes name and fame, some times special skills n talents and so on) may play a major role than mere physical attraction.

Best Answer

Welcome to Planet Earth.

Best Answer