BloviatingBuffoon BloviatingBuffoon 70+, F 15 Answers Oct 10, 2012 in Music

Censored? By parents..definitely!!

Best Answer

I dislike censorship, i think parents should just keep track of what their kids watch or listen to, <br />
considering different parents have different views on what their kids are allowed to hear and see.

Best Answer

Free speech should always be protected! even for what some consider garbage :)<br />
but NO one has a right to inflict their musical preferences on MY ears...<br />
Overly loud volumes should be prohibited in consideration of others.

Best Answer

first you have to understand it.

Best Answer

Nope to both

Best Answer

Freedom of speech!

Best Answer

How many times can they beat out the same old message, I don't like rap or hiphop.

Best Answer

Mostly just ignored. It has no artistic value and would die a quick death if allowed to by MTV. A minor child can't get in to see a movie rated "R" "MA" or "NC-17", so they should also not have access to any music that has the same mature content.

Best Answer

All profanity should be censored in public regardless of the medium, but rap/hiphop should be kept from children simply because its simplistic nursery rhyme style tends to stunt intellectual and musical growth. If such music must exist let it be clean lyrics and let it be available to adults only. That is how I would have it if it were up to me.

Best Answer

I do think that rap and other genres all have songs and artists that have some content that I do not approve of. In some cases, yes, but in others, I believe mostly in non-censorship. In front of children, yes, censored.

Best Answer

NO

Best Answer

it depends on the song rap and hip hop is only a genre. negatve songs in general should be banned or censored . not all music generes are bad, its the negatibe message in the certain song thats bad

Best Answer

if wimpy teenaged white boys wanna pick urban thugs as role models, nothing's gonna stop them...maybe it's society's failing for not having more appealling and constructive role models

Best Answer