Of course they can be. It's the people who are important not "things and stuff" or lack of them.

Best Answer

yes I do, and yes they can :)

Best Answer

Not really, we live pretty much hand to mouth but everything we have, we paid for ourselves by working, not benefits. Most rich people are stuck up and seem to look down their noses at everyone else not in their situation. I know they judge us as uneducated and not as good as they are because we don't have nice things, they talk down to us but really they have no right, we are better people because we do not worship money and comparing incomes, we give far more to others who are less fortunate than we are and that is worth gold in the bank of heaven.

Best Answer

Ideally, economic status should not affect friendship, but in the real world, SINCERE friendships are rare between "classes". It's usually patronizing or symbiotic.

Best Answer

lol i am rich at heart! depends on your definition of richness

Best Answer

money... lots of money

Best Answer

I've had close friends from all walks of life. Lived in some really rich cities and neighborhoods, and lived in the ghetto too

Best Answer

ofcourse!

Best Answer

I think it is possible!<br />
My parents have friends who are rich and they are middle class, they get along and visit one another.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

I think they could if they looked at each other only as equal human beings.

Best Answer

yes..i have too many..money doesn't matter to them nor me..!!! :-)

Best Answer

Good question. From my perspective I find that friendship requires understanding...so I suppose it depends if the rich person remembers being poor and if the poor person either knows what its like to have money or perhaps understood the reality of it rather than just the "everything would be fine if I was rich" dream, it should work. In my experience though it does seem difficult...basically because all the rich people I know think everything is easy and say things like "well why not just do it?" without realizing that people with no money don't have the same options as them.

Best Answer

No, they can't. The rich will dominate the poor and there will be a lot of resentment no matter how much money the rich one gives to the poor. Rich and poor are two totally different worlds. The rich have to stick to their own kind.

Best Answer

The only wealthy friend I know was poor like me when we were kids. She married a guy with a lucrative, marketable skill. We were best friends 25 years but these days we're pretty much limited to FB comments. It's sad to me, but I guess we both see we no longer have anything in common. She's always going on vacations or doing "events". I'm always struggling to pay my rent. For a while we'd try to call and catch up every few months but these days, nothing.<br />
Every other encounter I've had with wealthy people ended badly. For one, they will cheat someone out of a day's pay when they can afford it more than anyone else. My SO was an immigrant so he worked cheap, but they'd expect it for FREE! They'd let him do the whole job then threaten to call ICE at the end of the day instead of paying the piddling eighty bucks he earned.<br />
I worked construction for years and every single time we did an expensive home the owners were so annoying. Can you imagine someone telling you not to bring a bucket of paint into the house when you're PAINTING in the house? They really thought we'd spill it on their fine carpet despite taping off the dropcloths. Idiots. Okay I'm getting carried away. No more stories.

Best Answer

in friendship there are no poor no rich. all human born by same process and every one has to pass away one day. that`s it. there is struggle in every ones life. there are up and down`s. but by your helping hand if some ones struggle reduces it is good. the happiness is wonderful. secondly do it secretely.

Best Answer

Will you buy your friends ?

Best Answer

i wouldn't... this is just a debate that my BF and I had this morning... he said that "everyone knows rich people and poor people are never friends..." ... so I decided to see if everyone "knew" this or not...

Best Answer

Well ... If you're true friends money does'nt matter ... But I agree that's difficult to meet rich people when you're poor and vice-versa ...

Best Answer

Yes. If their true friends, some poor people might get jealous though.

Best Answer

It's easy to like one another across economic lines, but it's difficult to hang out and really develop a freindship simply because one party can't travel and dine with the other...can't afford it.

Best Answer

Yes I do believe such friendship exists

Best Answer

For me personally it’s sometimes hard to be friends with some of those who grew up rich, especially when I am under financial pressure / working hard on a project. The rich just sometimes can’t understand that your appetite for risk is quite low when you have less than 1 000 (of any currency) in your bank account, and that if you make a mistake, there is no safety net, or family to help you out. The only poverty they experienced is when their allowances got cut and their parents felt they should experience not having access to everything for a year or two (before bringing them back in from the cold).<br />
Most frustrating is when they try to compare careers and try to convince you that they had it just as hard as you, and that you should really be able to be as financially secure as they are. They forget the private school, the international holidays, loans, the expert advice, the access to daddy’s business network/partners, access to capital, investment tips, the way doors and jobs open for you if your father is important – I think rich fathers try to not show how much they are helping their kids, but it can give rise to brats who really believe they “made it on their own”.<br />
Also they can’t understand that one can work hard and not make millions. “You are so clever and you are working all the time, I can’t understand why you are not rich?” With lots of knowledge one can gain money, but with a little knowledge and lots of money, you can make even more money than the clever guy – I think that is actually how it works. Hanging out with other brats these inconsistencies will never be exposed, but the moment they start hanging out with real “middle-class” people, whenever they try to show how “real” they are it just shows how large the value gaps are.<br />
Lots of rich people (especially 2nd / 3rd gen) are rich because they are actually quite lazy, and mostly use their money to make more money for them – they will tell you they are working hard, but most of the time it would be the money, their positioning or their network doing the work – when you are doing big deals with large amounts, you only need a couple of them – and you always get a bonus.<br />
I find rich people taking up too much of my time, picking my brain for interesting facts, introducing them to cool new things & ideas, hanging out at my place (when they are supposed to be working), I guess I make them feel like they know “real” people, but the moment they start wanting to “help” me, it just shows me how little they know about how average people make it in the world.<br />
The root of it, is that some of the rich in their secret hearts believe a different set of morals and values apply to them, and that playing by our middle-class rules is just silly, since we haven’t “seen the bigger picture”. Sometimes these 1-dimensional motivations will only be revealed once you become close friends with this person – and that could spell the end.

Best Answer