SirBlackk SirBlackk 36-40, M 15 Answers Dec 4, 2013 in Movies & TV

It was a better fun

Best Answer

Before all the gadgets, I was pretty young, so that has something to do with how I felt then. My pleasures were simple, and most didn't have anything to do with electricity, unless you counted my record pla<x>yer or cassette pla<x>yer. Things seemed more satisfying. But that's youth too. I'm not sure how the gadgets would have changed that so much. <br />
I know that now it seems to me that life has actually gotten a bit more complicated in general, and technology of a certain sort is sometimes just a royal pain in the behind. But I also don't own the vast majority of the "gadgets". I just see how they affect people around me, and I know that my mom gets very frustrated with her new phone, and she can't figure out how to program her new tv or run the dvd pla<x>yer. I think that there are a lot of people who share her frustration. And I admit that I do NOT like the way we are becoming dependent on computers and the like, the way all my private information is being monitored and recorded (even on here), the fact that the onboard computer in my van can go awry and cost a kidney just to figure out where the glitch is, and the general way that people are finding to entertain themselves- most seem brainless and a contributing factor to violent impulsive behavior, antisocial tendencies, and ADD. <br />
BUGS me that libraries are no longer primarily about books....<br />
So, yes, in a way, life was more simple, and it was more fun.

Best Answer

You got it all perfect.. Couldn't have put it better..

Best Answer

Thanks. I got a little longwinded. But I have fond memories of the days when the only machine that actually scared me was the scientific calculator I needed for algebra class. (STILL haven't figured it out....)

Best Answer

Oh.. I miss them days of Algebra.. (X-y) (x+y) = x2-y2. .. And yes I could not figure the Scientific calculator out too... Sin2@+Cos2@= 1.

Best Answer

Tangent, log, ack!!

Best Answer

Log, tangent, Hyperbola, Parabola, Eclipse, Limits, Functions, Derivations...

Best Answer

Bibbidy bobbidy boo.....

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

Well, I grew up in the late 90's, the early days of the internet as we know it now. The dawn of instant messaging, file sharing, and such. I do kinda miss the way it was at that time.

Best Answer

The Internet has definitely made our world less of an experience. Just so a few people could be extraordinarily wealthy by preying on human weakness. I have more respect for pimps and drug dealers. At least they aren't hurting everyone.

Best Answer

more trouble too at the pinball places and billiards places. Trouble from bullies of course.

Best Answer

I think it was more productive and we were able to appreciate the little things more. In some ways, yes, more fun with "real" things instead of programs.

Best Answer

Absolutely. People interact less with each other on a day to day basis (hence kids don't play as much after school and are becoming obese). It makes it harder to make friends and takes away the basis for a community. Life was more charming before people were texting and facebooking. Writing letters and having a face to face chat will always be better than this new world of technology.

Best Answer

Yeah. But I was younger and spry.

Best Answer

Not really. My mom read books. I read stuff online. That's fun enough for me! My grandparents watched television on three or four channels. I have thousands of free movies and tv shows any time I feel like watching, commercial-free. My phone is a lot more fun than looking for a phone booth to call home. I don't have an Ipad but I'd take one happily. I love gadgets and I'd have one of everything if I could afford them.

Best Answer

of course not. i was there.

Best Answer

A fool would say yes

Best Answer

No

Best Answer