Candyapple1234 Candyapple1234 41-45, F 7 Answers Jun 15, 2011

I believe that it is possible that there is life elsewhere. But then I believe in creationism that occurred somewhat through the use of evolution, so it is easy for me to believe that God created life elsewhere. I see no indications why not.

Best Answer

If evolution were true and earths existence and the life contained within it occurred by chance--the laws of chance would dictate other worlds exist within the universe that sustain life and civilization--as the number of solar systems possible, number in the hundreds of billions--and possibly much more. I'm not an atheist and I'm tempted to think Gods life giving creativity is not limited to earth.<br />
In my life time I'll never know unless some other world determined to look for other worlds and set about doing it thousands of years ago. But I also think Earth is purposely isolated from extraterrestrial contact. The story of the Garden of Eden and the fall of man alludes to the idea.

Best Answer

very deep

Best Answer

I think there are no other planets with living things on it but earth.

Best Answer

I think there is life yes. Probably tons of living cells etc. Complex life I am not as sure about. I mean it is possible & doesn't interfere with my faith. But I don't think it is as likely.

Best Answer

10 to the 128 stars in the universe (10 with 128 zeros behind it), 60% or more should have planets. 1% of those int the "Goldilocks" zone (not too hot, not too cold) still leaves billions of possibilities. <br />
So, yes, there is almost no possibility that there is not (or at least has not been) other life and some of it intelegent.<br />
The problem is time. Time and distance. In 13.5 billion years galaxy wide civilizations may have risen and fallen thousands of times. Stars form, fade and die. Life would rise and fall with them. No record would remain. To match two civilizations to the same time would be unlikely. To match two to the same time and have them close enough to each other to ever be aware of the other is remote enough to be able to call impossible.<br />
The only way around this is to either solve the problem of distance...or master time. The "Aliens" we hear about may just be archeologists from the future (either human or non human) coming back to have a look at us.

Best Answer

Well said. I also think the "Alien" stuff we hear about is NOT Alien for that very reason. Just the difficulty of travel from such distance would make it very unlikely. Even as a Christian I have NO problem with the possibilty. But the likely hood is so very slim from a scientific standpoint to be existing in the same time is "almost" impossible. Not totally but almost.

Best Answer