silenthawk silenthawk 46-50, M 12 Answers Apr 18 in Hobbies

Oh no, not more rational at all, but certainly less harmful, and as a consequence also less popular. It's tailored not to encourage extremism, and hence to avoid the most harmful aspects of many other faiths. Unfortunately, in deleting extremism, many religiously minded people also find it to lack conviction, which is a fancy way of saying that it doesn't make them feel special enough. The rites and rituals don't have the same psychological effect because of this and people see them for what they are, basically superstitious practices enacted for fun. Ironically, after realizing this, some people turn to other religions and find them more satisfying even after acknowledging that the rites and rituals of their new religion are essentially the same in nature. It's merely a preference for the "Holier" feeling given by people playing up how important it is.

Best Answer

Great answer

Best Answer

I don't believe in things ba<x>sed on faith alone. All my beliefs are ba<x>sed on credible evidence.

Best Answer

Faith is a belief in things unseen so it would probably not be considered rational. My dreams and my life experience have strengthened my faith more than anything else I have encountered in this world.

Best Answer

Yeah

Best Answer

No faith is rational

Best Answer

The proof is in the relationship, which I have with God through Jesus Christ.<br />
What human being qualifies as truly and faultlessly rational or able to figure it out with the capacity of his own mind? That's why it says, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;" (Proverbs 3:5) You can easily fall into a trap thinking you can reason it all out yourself.

Best Answer

Thinking you can figure it all out at surface value, without digging beneath the surface, begs the fact that there is a devil, the 'prince of this world' who deceives the whole world (Revelation 12:9).

Best Answer

Yes. I only answer to myself!

Best Answer