compared to what?

Best Answer

Anywhere else in the U.S. I guess. I live near NYC.. The amount of homeless people there makes me feel so sad whenever I visit :(

Best Answer

I've heard that in ameritardia there's an huge disparity. from what I'm from there isn't much difference and I don't see any homeless. there's no rich people here too.

Best Answer

Well the richest percent usually do business in cities but live many places. The poorest that are in cities can't afford to leave so the poor can't leave the city and the rich have to go to the city. So it would seem accurate.

Best Answer

it's biggest in then US and smallest in Iceland or Norway

Best Answer

I can think of about 1000 places in the world with bigger rich - poor gaps than large American cities.

Best Answer

It would indeed be, but for fairly natural reasons. Large groups of people are more likely to contain the poorest possible sort of person, a homeless person. Cities offer more shelter and resources to the homeless, so they do tend to gather in them when they can. At the same time, the wealthiest of people also gravitate toward cities for similar reasons. Cities have business infrastructure, universities, markets and other institutions that are valuable resources to the wealthy. Since they both end up living in the same areas (or close to them at least) the wealth gap naturally tends to be widest in these places too.

Best Answer