growwhereyouglow growwhereyouglow 36-40, F 27 Answers Jan 24, 2013 in Health

Industries don't have morality...that's why people have to.

Best Answer

When the industry is taking care of people...it's unfortunate...

Best Answer

it's reality... this is the problem when people talk about things like "letting the market decide" ...it's a concept, a cultural construct...and we should construct them with morality in mind rather than pretending they are somehow outside human control

Best Answer

very well said

Best Answer

I don't even believe my family doctor has my best interest at heart. Bottom line is all.

Best Answer

You need to find another GP, I trust they are out there. Live in the UK so different system to yours. Been so lucky with mine, helped me loads, not be here if not for their caring.

Best Answer

Long long story. Now worth the telling. I just don't have a lot of faith in doctors under our health care system. They get paid by the visit, not by the hour. So, they book about 60 patients an hour.

Best Answer

Yeah totally different here. Seriously a false economy, keep your population healthy. We are of course open to abuse, health tourists plus people who abuse the system. Years ago you sat down and the GP started writing your prescription hahaha, not like that now, well my GPs. Think each patient gets 10 minutes, would not swear to it but no way a minute per patient.

Best Answer

I have waited 4 1/2 hours to see a doctor and I got less than 2 minutes of his time, because his waiting room was packed. I once went to a walk in clinic...the receptionist asked me if I had any allergies, I said yes, codeine. The doctor had the chart and he asked me if I had any allergies....I said yes, codeine. He wrote me a prescription and I took it to the pharmacist who asked me if I had any allergies; I said yes, codeine. He filled the prescription and I took it home and took one dose of it and nearly died because there was codeine in the medicine.

Best Answer

At one time they did,... sadly, they haven't for many years.

Best Answer

You're right...at one time they did. There was a large shift in how medicine was being taught and voila...here we are now. The change obviously wasn't good...

Best Answer

no..we are just another source of income

Best Answer

Like I just answered on an insurance company question the health industry is more beholding to their stockholders than the people they are suppose to serve

Best Answer

Me as an individual of course not. Treatments that can bring in money of course. Example, drugs for Hiv/AIDS were available at first, but not the paediatric dose. Why not ? No money in that, the vast majority of hiv infected babies were born in poor countries at that time.

Best Answer

Why produce a cure when you can make billions off treatments.

Best Answer

you nailed it!

Best Answer

Because you have a conscious...the thing is the weight of one problem does not go away by way of greed...it only compounds it.

Best Answer

maybe you and the handful of good people out there do, but I'l be honest and say I'm with the 98%. Money is too delicious.

Best Answer

The top seller Viagra was found as being a side effect for a drug being developed for a treatment for another illness. The company can only hold the patent for so long, then others can legally make the drug. You men lucked out.

Best Answer

They sell health, and like every other corporation selling something it's the bottom line that they're most interested in ;-)

Best Answer

Yes, with fine print.

Best Answer

*reviews car ownership and bank balances* I have solid evidence they have their best interest in mind. Next question?

Best Answer

No only their salaries and paychecks.

Best Answer

What else?

Best Answer

Of course they don't. There's no money in the cure, the money is in the medicine.

Best Answer

Nooo....they are in 'business'....businessmen never have our best interests at heart...only the dollar amounts.....

Best Answer

They have your wallet in mind!

Best Answer

Not even close.

Best Answer

No. It's big business with big bucks to it for shareholders. This is NOT a "love thang"!

Best Answer

it started out that way, and became a billion dollar industry where the sight of the consumer has been traded for profit.

Best Answer

No I don't! A relation of mine sold drugs! He worked for a Mega pharma thingame bob co. He told me that when you go to the doctor with an ailment, he will give you the cheapest medication available. More often than not, the drugs will be useless! He suggests that you inform the doctor that they don't work and its only then that he will give you the correct and more expensive ones!

I believe this as I have experienced it first hand! There are vast sums of money involved so it is totally open to this type of thing! Heartening, isn't it! And they say that doctors bury there mistakes!

Pat.

Best Answer