i know, i think theyre sinking lower and lower too

Best Answer

I agree with you. Why do you think that is the case?

Best Answer

I don't think that at all. People used to believe that women were inherently inferior to men, blacks inferior to whites, the poor inferior to the rich, etc. Slavery wasn't considered morally repulsive, and homophobia was normalized, while the only people allowed to vote were rich white Christian men. Hell, witch burning actually happened. Or maybe you're referring to the morality of a period where the Holocaust was justified?

I'm sorry, but I don't think our morals are getting worse, just our priorities.

Best Answer

Same boat.

Best Answer

in some ways they are and in some ways they are rising. Depends on your beliefs really

Best Answer

I think the opposite. Human being are actually far less violent as say, a thousand years ago. More empathetic, more tolerant.

Best Answer

I'm not being funny, but did you just wake up from a coma?

Best Answer

NO, I'm thinking universally, and over time. Think about how recently the attitude toward slavery was that it was just fine. Women were little more than property. (although that attitude carries on today in some parts of the world) People were persecuted and frightened for their lives if LGBT, (again, they still are in much of the world) I don't know about you, but even though I never committed adultery, I'm glad people who do won't be stoned to death. Conservative does not equal moral and correct from my point of view, I am atheist and humanist, so of course, I don't see the world as you do.

Best Answer

First of all I appreciate your response and the way you presented it and most of all I appreciate you not becoming irate because of my response to your answer. Class act and very nice composure.

No I've never committed adultery. I am in a good "imperfect" marriage that my husband and I work hard at preserving and maintaining.He and I have the same spiritual beliefs and convictions and so these are 2 qualities that help cement or weld our love for God first and for each other. I do appreciate your viewpoint. I believe Zenshe that the morals of this world are steadily sinking from a christian, scriptural and personal viewpoint. The very things that you have mentioned are still quietly going on in other forms as well as literally....Even though a piece of paper or legislation says certain acts between two people of the same gender are legal, doesn't make it right in the eyes of God...
I realize you are an atheist and I will not debate with you concerning same sex marriage because you probably have your mind made up on certain issues concerning that. But will say this much, I appreciate your sincerity of heart. Thank you again for personal insights on my question.

Best Answer

You're lovely.

Best Answer

Thank you Zenshe for your kind words :)

Best Answer

Right back at you <3

Best Answer

I believe most things swing like a pendulum. We're reliving the roaring 20s, flappers and all. There will be a crash, suffering, and who knows, we may end up with The Greatest Generation again.

Best Answer