"And you will be hearing of wars an rumors of wars; see that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end. "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines, and pestilence's and earthquakes. "But all these things are merely the begi...nning of birth pangs." Matthew 24:3-8
emmellw emmellw 41-45, M 26 Answers Mar 24, 2011

"no man knows the hour or day" Have you not read the bible? Mark 13:30?? That makes the hour and the day quite clear. Matthew 16:28? Matthew 10:23, remembering how small the number of cities there were in Israel. Matthew 23:36, 24:34, 26:64. The last one he's actually saying to the High Priest Caiaphas "You personally will see my second coming" so the dude has to be 2000 years old. Mark 14:62 same thing again. Mark 9:1 Luke 9:27 Luke 21:32<br />
Compare Mark 13:29 with James 5:9 James thought he was in the end times and so did everyone else. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 "We who are alive and remain......" not "Those who are alive".

Best Answer

Do you honestly believe that the people who wrote and compiled the original texts of the bible were actually thinking, planning and prophecizing 2000 years into the future? Today we have a lot of trouble considering our future beyond the next generation! Don't forget, no matter what anyone says, these texts are NOT the word of any supernatural being in the sky; they are the thoughts of people - mostly men.<br />
(is prophecizing a word??)

Best Answer

I just wish the fanatics quit making this their goals, because in some ways they seem obdurant to make it happen. And I just like to find my Paradise somewhere. That is where I want my mindset at.

Best Answer

The Bible is a work of fiction and there is no god so no worries.

Best Answer

You know what? That passage could be accurate at any time in human history. And Christ said that no one would know the time of His coming. So it is foolish to even speculate.

Best Answer

All of those things have been happening all through history and people have always been thinking the end is near. It IS more possible now, though, with nuclear arms and nuclear accidents.

Best Answer

i missed that verse that said this is the end times.... did it say 2011 or after 2000....<br />
and all of that has been happening for 1000s of years.... so the end times started 1000s of years ago i guess then...is that right....

Best Answer

no man knows the hour or day.

Best Answer

Whether I believe we're living in the end times.<br />
No.<br />
Whether the bible is correct or wrong?<br />
The bible is wrong.

Best Answer

hi, yes i do believe it lots of things are going on to prove it now. i believe that god has opened seals already

Best Answer

I certainly hope so. This world sucks and im ready to go to heaven. God please have me!!

Best Answer

yeah, i think we are living in the end times, but idk when the world is going to end.

Best Answer

Lots of things have been happening, earthquakes, famine, but ,we are told no one but the Father knows when the Son of Man will return.

Best Answer

yes i do most definatly ! Get ready Jesus says as he will come like a theif in the night when we least expect all these answers are from people who aren't Holy spirit filled God shows us things in the "Spirit" without the holy spirit well your walking around in darkness and fall into the ditch !!!

Best Answer

CRAP!...Since the world began we have been living in the end times!

Best Answer

I, myself, have questions about the New Testament. One, God never said that our Savior had to come twice. Two, if you study the original language that the bible was written in, (Hebrew), you will find out that virgin is not a woman that hasn't had sex, it is a young maiden. Three, the genealogies of Jesus don't match. I could go on and on, but that isn't the question.<br />
Do I think we are in the end times? Earth will remain, but the ages will pass. I believe anyone who is right with the Creator will survive through the hard times we are facing in the near future.

Best Answer

I am no longer a "Sola sc<x>riptura" Christian. I am, however an orthodox Christian who is coming to believe the teaching of the Church rests on a three-legged stool, one is sc<x>ripture, one is tradition and the other the Magistrarium. Those that reject the one legged stool have 2 thousand years of history on our side and this is what The Church has always said about the subject.: "Jesus is coming again" and you can never divine when or by what means--beyond the fact the 2nd coming shall not be truncated by all sorts of weird things some people think they read in sc<x>ripture concerning the subject. <br />
Living your life in union with Christ everyday and at all times is infinitely more important than speculating and worrying about signs and prophecy supposedly accompanying the return of Christ.<br />
I'd be delighted to never again hear about the nonsense of "the rapture" and periods of 3 and a half years and so on and so on--drop it for heavens sake!

Best Answer

We’ve been living in the “end times” (or last days) since Jesus ascended into heaven. It doesn’t matter what happens in this world (wars, disease, pestilence, what have you). If we just do what God says and have faith in Him, noting else really matters. He promises to take care of us. The worse that can happen is that we’re killed; but if that happens, we go to be with Him – eternally.

Best Answer

amen to that,i dont care what or when the time is near i just know i have faith in my lord to lead me home ......amen,

Best Answer