Questionator Questionator 26-30 287 Answers Jan 22, 2013 in Community

Question of the Day

If "soulmate" exists and I believe that it does, then my life is a living testament in our marriage that I share with my husband. We are connected in every way. Through mutual respect and constant communications about everything that affects our lives. We are best friends and appreciate our similarities and also our differences. We never tell one another what to do but rather offer advice and give one another the freedom and respect to draw our own conclusions.

We both know that we work for the enhancement of our relationship through the good and bad times. There is a comfort in this. A safe place to fall when life gets a bit hard. This hard place happens less and less as we both set up our boundaries as to outside influences of others who try to cause either of us angst in any way.

We are a team which works very well. We laugh so much. Always have and this was one part of us that brought us together so strongly. Being soul mates also means that we work on keeping the connections strongly going. Anything worth having takes efforts on both parties to renew and refresh our joined lives and this is a joy and never a burden.

Seeing admirable qualities in one another reinforces our good choices in being together. It just keeps flowing back and forth.

If one of us stopped the love or respect or effort, then soul mates would turn into another entity. We have the basics for a loving, respecting, fun relationship. Keeping all of this alive and flourishing is never a burden but a deep seated want and joy.

It is not enough to find one's soul mate. It is what happens after the fact that truly defines the word soul mate to it's fullest. The initial flush of love and excitement can develop into a life lasting sharing of the journey we have chosen together. We have chosen this together and it is peace and passion and laughter. Strong together in our commitment to always be our best for one another. Soul mates together for the rest of our lives. A very good place to be.

I also have soul mates who are friends of long standing. Some of over 35 years in length and some of shorter duration. We also share the common bond of acceptance and respect. Call it a meeting of the minds or an innate feeling but even a fleeting encounter with another human being can bring about a soul connected experience.

We open up to another with a phrase or gesture and feel this bond instantly. Some are quite brief due to circumstances or time constraints but we will remember the connection. The lesson that they or we learn. I have been fortunate in my life to have been granted many soul mates and they are always in my heart. I see their faces clearly. Some are still in touch and some sat next to me on a flight or train ride.

It is the connection that is important. We see in each other a common bond of our humanity. Why it is so important to treat strangers with respect and kindness. One never knows what differences we may make in a stranger's life.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

Sounds like you understand the concept! Thanks for sharing, that all may enjoy!

Best Answer

thank you for taking the time to write this...it's truly beautiful what you have, you are one of the lucky ones.

Best Answer

Zzzzzzzzz ... what?!? oh, come on, I agree with timanonymous, and why so long, I got to "If 'Soulzzzzz. Oh yeah basically to sum it up for anyone reading this You're saying "Yep,respect, influences, joy, commitment, experience, fortunate, and respect.

Best Answer

love this-fantastic. Wish I could find this

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your touching antidote of your concept of a soulmate. I believe those who have written negatively about it are only bitter they have not found such profound compatibility with another being.

Best Answer

Wonderfully put :-)

Best Answer

Ahhh!! I really enjoyed reading your reply tartist! A lot actually! So I extremely dislike typing this, but with all that said, IvanKaramazov is correct by saying that you are merely ``torturing words``. A soulmate is that one being that you were destined to spend the rest of your life with. This makes completely no sense at all. I will not even bother spending my time trying to articulate a more thorough reason as to why because I do not want to take away from your reply Tartist! What you refer to in your message is simply true love for others in your life. You are incredible! I shall write my own article one day. I only planned on doing so using parts of my own comments to others, but I`m making an exception in your case as you have articulated love so well. I shall take some of my material from you. Thank you! A lot, you are number 5.
P.S. IvanKaramazov, I have a feeling your more cold hearted than I am. lol, however, I have nothing but the utmost respect for your ability to put your emotions aside through such an enlightening comment and effortless point out it`s flaws.

Best Answer

Yes! I am a profound believer in the concept of soulmate. I’m a little more comfortable with the term ‘kindred spirit’ because I think soulmate is overused and not well understood. A soul mate (or kindred spirit) describes the most amazing gift our universe has to offer. I'm so fortunate to have experienced the gift of several soulmates--one of whom I met here in EP. Some are romantic, others are simply people who share my philosophy that we are born in love, to love and be loved. They are all kindred spirits with whom I've shared other lifetimes together. We are soulmates because of the love we hold for one another. From that love, we help each other in whatever way we agreed to, before coming into this world. I know for some, what I’m saying sounds like pure fantasy. If you are one of those people, I invite you to join me in this ‘fantasy’. It's amazing. Soulmates help us live life as if it were a soft breeze--they help us be soft breezes for others. Blessings to those who have agreed to be soulmates with me!

Best Answer

Beautiful words WindSylph!

Best Answer

Like I put plato's twin flames

Best Answer

thank you shepherd44!

Best Answer

Thank you my rescue friend!

Best Answer

You do share nice words

Best Answer

Thank you Ferrric67 ;-)

Best Answer

Nope.

Best Answer

Yes, absolutely, for every pot...there is a lid..........

Best Answer

I received a friend request on Facebook from a random girl. I started following her posts because her unique mix of culture, personality, intelligence, common sense, and humor. I noticed that she spent every night in her room, drinking, by herself, and I just couldn't allow such a genuinely fantastic person to waste away in silence and desertion, so I invited her over to our side to enjoy the festivities as I was always hosting a good time on my side. She was being emotionally abused by her boyfriend at the time and she came over crying and in a drunken rage. She wanted to fight everyone. I explained to her that she is the most wonderful person I have ever met in this world and I indulged her fighting and flirting afterwards. She began texting me the next day and we were an instant hit. She told me how nobody had ever treated her the way that I do and she is never appreciated. I fell in love with her instantly and I haven't been able to stop thinking about her ever since. We are the perfect match in every way - we are best friends first and passionate lovers second. We have spent every day together ever since and are now engaged and planning on our future together...

Best Answer

Have you met her in person?

Best Answer

13 October 2012, 7:12 p.m.

Best Answer

"Women are like street cars. If you miss one, another will be along in 10 minutes."

No soulmates.

Best Answer

Thanks, Ivan. It's a quote from that lady's man, Barney Fife.

Best Answer

Men like you two s u c k

Best Answer

Yes. And when you find each other you'll be blown away.

Best Answer

Hell no.

Best Answer

Out of respect for all the "no" answers I want to say that I cannot say yes, but I can't. I can't say that because I do believe we all have a soul mate. That isn't to say I believe we are all fortunate enough to find them, but I believe they are there. I believe this because I rest peacefully next to mine each night. I believe it because of the metamorphosis I experienced as our paths intertwined. Someone is not your soul mate because you have a good sex life or share similar interests. They are your soul mate because somehow you find yourself bearing open everything, receiving unconditional love in return, and through this exchange you discover parts of yourself you never knew or thought lost. What makes you who you are and they who they are begin to weave in and out allowing for self exploration and growth together. They are your soul mate because in bearing your inner most self to one another you find nothing but love, acceptance, and an intense familiarity and balance with one another.

Best Answer

I believe we do. We may not always find that person, but it doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Best Answer

I think everyone does but the hardest part is finding them

Best Answer

no I don't believe that

Best Answer

I am lucky I sold my soul to the devil and he is me mate

Best Answer

Almost 13 years ago I wrote in my journal that the man I recently met was my soul mate. We dated for 2 years but our relationship didn't work out and I married someone else. Do I believe in soul mates? Well, he died last year and shortly thereafter, he visited me and gave me messages in dreams, so yes, I do.

I do.

Best Answer

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no doubt in my mind that EVERYONE has a true soul mate...if they don't believe it...that is because they have not found them yet....they are there and when you find them......everything in life makes sense!!!!!

Best Answer

Would that mean I need to have a soul? Because I dont think I do lol

Best Answer

Already met mine <3

Best Answer

yes i do but i also think to many and so stuck on them selfs they fail to understand that when thatperson comes into your life and turn the back on there soul mate

Best Answer

Most definitely I do. I have been lucky enough to find mine right here at EP

Best Answer

Not really until I met my soulmate...so now..yes I do believe in having a soulmate.

Best Answer