At some point too many people receiving assistance with not enough others working to putting money for those who don't work will crash the system. Where will the money come from? From increased taxes on those who can barely make it already? The 'rich'?

Best Answer

Good point.

Best Answer

No. My country has much stronger welfare support and our economy is doing just fine (strongest in the developed world and will continue to be so for at least the next two years http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/australian-economy-leads-the-world-20120418-1x6ac.html) <br />
Be careful when people sell you political 'doctrines' that don't stand up to scrutiny. Don't swallow without chewing.

Best Answer

As opposed to a higher crime rate ? If someone's receiving assistance because he or she can't find work, taking the assistance away doesn't magically make work appear. It might make alternatives like prostitution, drug dealing or robbery seem more practical, however. People will find ways not to starve.

Best Answer

When you consider the amount of money spent on corporate welfare, war, and other things, it's seems rather silly to me to worry about some people milking the welfare system. I guess that's another area where I stray from the conservative and libertarian flock. I believe in helping the poor from the uninclined to the disabled. Especially in an economy where it's practically impossible for the under educated and the less able to find work. Of course welfare should also provide assistance preparing for work for those who can hold down a job. Not every person on welfare wants to spend their life on welfare.

Best Answer

I don't see how that would equate. Our workforce and economy are crippled because of greedy fat cats that exploit technology and disregard working class people. Welfare assistance does help keep the economy going.

Best Answer

Too late now. The wheels have been set into motion.<br />
Capitalism has evolved into its sister Socialism.<br />
The People's Flag is deepest Red!

Best Answer

No. I believe that our government, banks, and corporations have crippled the work force and screwed up the economy, that and the cheater tape measure.

Best Answer

No, but I do believe in the workfare concept for those physically/mentally able to work

Best Answer

i think it does

Best Answer

Public assistance should be restricted to those who are physically or mentally disabled to the point that they can't work. Able bodied people who are collecting welfare should not be allowed to vote as long as they are on the welfare rolls

Best Answer

I feel the economic reactions to the current economic conditions are crippling us even more!

Best Answer

No.<br />
That's a capitalist attitude.<br />
In order for society to progress, we need to progress as one class and one worldwide community.

Best Answer

Cool beans.

Best Answer

no. not at all.

Best Answer