for example there is a family of antibiotics that can cause tendon tears and disabilities just from taking it as prescribed- it's a KNOWN side effect. I think Drs should have to disscuss the pros and cons of meds they prescribe.
Frazzill Frazzill 46-50, F 7 Answers Nov 26, 2012 in Women's Health

I always research the side effects of drugs before taking them....yes.

Best Answer

me too- lucky i did- I found out one wasn't supposed to be precrobed to people overweight or with a family history of heart disese and i have both! Another wasn't supposed to be given to people with ulcers- I have one- Doctors do NOT look up all these things and cross refrence your chart- I have found mistakes in my chart- they got my allergies and my daughters mixed up!!! very dangerous- probably some dumb secretary who just typed in the last name and didn't takean extra second to verify the FIRST name was the same.

Best Answer

I'm surprised your pharmacist didn't warn you about those things. Did you look it up before taking it there? The way you describe med secretaries I swear we live in the same neighborhood! ha

Best Answer

No, only on one medication and happy with how it reacts with me. Hardly ever need anything else knock wood.

Best Answer

I check the net for counter indications and drug/food interactions.

Best Answer

I'd ad patient reviews- I find them to be accurate- cuz they've taken it.

Best Answer

never. its a dangerous place to go. i have been on meds for 20 years and i am only 33 and its just a dumb dead end of self diagnosed psychosomatic side effects that usually never exist.

Best Answer

I'm talking about reviews by patients who have actually taken the drug and list the effects- good and bad- not imagined stuff or stuff written by pharmacuetecal companies who lie to push their products thru.

Best Answer

Damn right.

Best Answer

It's a really good idea.

Best Answer

No. I never have to take anything major. Just pain killers and antibiotics.

Best Answer

some antibiotics have made marathon runners turn into bedridden disabled people- and they don't even explain the risks when they're prescribing for ya.

Best Answer

Haha, that's fine. They always worked for me. And plus, I am not a marathon runner and I like my bed.

Best Answer