I think it might depend on how well one manages their money. I think it's ok for most people when talking about owning a business, or serious financial matters or big things about your careers & living situation, but when rich people do it, it's tacky and it bothers people. And the rich know it. Most rich people spend a relatively small portion of their income, so the expensive stuff they may have is usually not excessive. Not the same thing at all.

Best Answer

what about those "rich" people who enjoy expensive things also?

Best Answer

Well, it is rude to tell people how much money you earn. It is also ok to buy things if you earn the money. But you must remember that many people have been destroyed financially by trying to "keep up with the Jones" and overspending with credit. Just because people have things does not mean they earned those things.

Best Answer

over worked , under payed...and under appreciated....

Best Answer

??? what do you do?

Best Answer

Its not rude if you not being obnoxious about it

Best Answer

It depends....

Best Answer

on?

Best Answer

If what you are saying could in any way be taken as braggin...
If someone in your audience is going thru financial trouble and you know about it.
If you are comparing your earning with others... or inquiring about how much they make as well.

Best Answer

aaahh very good point. so it is in poor taste is what you are saying? (or can be)

Best Answer

can be.... Me personally... I only take offence when offence is intended. Otherwise, I just roll my eyes.

Best Answer

great minds thinks alike my friend

Best Answer

I dont care. It could be a turn off if one shows to be a braggart. Like anything else.

Best Answer

what about in conversation. i would agree that to brag out of context would be pretty lame

Best Answer

Sure if you care to share but i wouldnt ask in a new relationship. Only if offered. A persons income is private.

Best Answer

another good point, its comparible to, how many people have you slept with? etc

Best Answer

Exactly bro

Best Answer